Quantcast

Bolt on for QR20

J

JRB

Anyone know of a shop that carries these to replace the cam set up on the bottom of a QR20? Not the axle, but the part that goes under the axle. I would prefer to have a bolt. I have been on hold for sales at Marzocchi a few times and left 2 unreturned messages. I don't have a part number to get it from Quality. Any ideas?

Thanks

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Maybe Go-Ride? They seem to be pretty knowledgable and helpful.

You're looking for this set up, right?

J

JRB

Ciaran said:
Maybe Go-Ride? They seem to be pretty knowledgable and helpful.

You're looking for this set up, right?

That's it. What kind of cup set up is under the bolt? Is it concave? I would just make it if I could see pics.

J

JRB

Brian Peterson said:
As long you have an 04 fork, Marz PN 710026/c will take care of you...

Brian
Cool - thanks, Brian. I am planning to try to machine one, but I will likely see about having the shop order it.

irishMonkey

Chimp
Jun 17, 2005
Los Olivos
[mtnbrider]

They do make some nice stuff. When i get a 7.3, i'm going to have to get that for the super T going on it.
What do you think about the deralier bangers? Are they a good idea? Do they defeat the perpose of a hanger (with the purpose to bend instead of the frame) ?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
That store is a dealer, but they don't have the flip flops. I emailed them about price/if they can get them. When I get the reply, I will post it.

triple post- hahahaha

J

JRB

OK - let us know. In the mean time, I am working on making some if I can find something that will fill the concave hole in the lowers. I have the rest figured out. I am going to try to find some brass bearings and grind them down and bore a hole. That should work. I also plan to call Marzocchi tomorrow.

swerve76

Monkey
Aug 30, 2003
nevada
I just broke the flap on my fork tonight. I need to make up a bolt on piece for it. Right now, I have zip ties holding everything together.

Attachments

J

JRB

Called Gideon at Marzocchi and he was way more than helpful. I may still try making some, but it was painless enough to order 2 pairs for Wumpus and myself.

J

JRB

I did not break the zoke ones. They look like those in Ciaran's post. $30 a pair.

swerve76

Monkey
Aug 30, 2003
nevada
mtnbrider said:
How did it break? Did you break a zocchi one?

I broke the marz flap. I was tying to hop up and feeble grind a ledge on an incline. When I hopped out of the feeble, I clipped the flap on the concrete ledge.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Young broke that thing really, really quickly...i want to say within a month of getting his bike.

loco, you can machine stuff? are you CAD competent, too?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Maybe loco needs to keep working on one, a burly one with a long enough part for a longer/wider bolt through the dropout.

Who's young?

J

JRB

the Inbred said:
Young broke that thing really, really quickly...i want to say within a month of getting his bike.

loco, you can machine stuff? are you CAD competent, too?
No - I could maybe get the guys in Tool and Die to hook me up, but no, I am not even capable. I could make it work, with something to fill in the hole on top of the lowers, but it would be ghetto machining. Functional, but not to tolerances and what not.

*Young is a cat from Houston. Not really a cat, but a guy named Young that posts as Toonces. He is capable of drinking lots of Night Train while wearing a hoodie though.