Quantcast

Bombshell Marilyn USD Carbon dh fork any good and worth buying?

soft-compound

Monkey
Dec 29, 2012
I have just been offered a set of these for a pretty good price
And always wanted to give them a whirl.
I know these are pretty scarce fork but was wondering as somebody out there must have ridden
Them at some point.
Are they worth buying at all ?
Also how would they perform by today's standards I know age means nothing in fork really as look
At the monster t they are amazing forks and the avalanche MTN forks too.
Also what type of internals are they?
Are the oil open bath forks or are they forks that require grease in them
Or are they simply just crap and not worth buying at all.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
This is an old fork that's circa 2001/2 if I recall correctly. I don't know much about it, but it was short lived and not very popular... i.e. you very rarely saw them at the races. It was definitely sold on a pricepoint rather than performance basis... and anyone with more than the bare minimum cash would rather buy something else. Old carbon parts from an obscure company/manufacturer is something I would steer clear of.

An old boxxer would be preferable to this since it's easily serviceable, replacement parts are everywhere and rock shox is still in business.

For the curious, it was this thing:

Last edited:

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
An old boxxer would be preferable to this since it's easily serviceable, replacement parts are everywhere and rock shox is still in business.
For clarification, buy the current gen. Boxxer. We tried to order a replacement axle for a customer with a 2007 WC and they didn't have any. No intention of making any more. Ever...

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
There's also this contraption...

This was the earlier version of the Marilyn. Pretty much the same as a Hanebrink fork.

soft-compound

Monkey
Dec 29, 2012
Thank everybody for your input I will avoid like the plague especially if they are like hanebrink forks as I had them and they were the worst and very badly made.
As the rebound damper was one of this hydraulic things that lift your car boot open.
I was offered them for £125.00 and was gonna buy just out of curiosity but I will stick with my avalanche forks LOL!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Isn't it a rebranded DNM? It looks similar to my DNM and I remember it could be made to perform well. Still unless you have it for 50$ I'd avoid it.

soft-compound

Monkey
Dec 29, 2012
Isn't it a rebranded DNM? It looks similar to my DNM and I remember it could be made to perform well. Still unless you have it for 50$ I'd avoid it.
Well I think they look similar to a fork called the SASO MEKS dunno? Was gonna give them a whirl but I will pass on them I think ,