Quantcast

Bonds hits 715

How do you feel about Bonds beating Ruth's record?

• Good for him

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Wish he hadn't

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • I don't give a s**t either way

Votes: 30 49.2%

• Total voters
i'm glad he broke his record. mainly b/c i'm living in a time where someone broke it and soon will have the record. i think its really cool that he has made it this far. And, his steriod use has probably ruined the whole run and respect for him. Honestly tho, i think he could had done it without roids. also, how does anyone know if babe ruth never took anything. you guys never lived in this time. ever thought that could had something to do with his young death. yeah, think about that. So, hank aaron...really modest player, raw talent, old school and never gave up. i like him alot. anyways, sorry but i think bonds should get alittle more respect then what he is getting so far. don't repond if you've never played baseball to know what im talking about. those of you who has a baseball past, hollar at me.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
binary visions said:
Yep, and that might just be the worst part, because nobody will ever know what he was really capable of.

I hope that keeps him up at night, thinking that maybe he could have achieved great things without his achievement being tarnished by steroid abuse.
I think the career of Ken Griffey Jr. in some ways shows what Bonds should have been. If you take McGuire, Sosa, and Bonds assuming (I think they did juice.) they used steroids out of the equation Griffey even with the breakdown of his body is the dominant player of the 90's.

The benefit of steroids that isn't discussed enough is the much shorter recovery times from injury that can be realized. Would Bonds still be in the league if he had not juiced?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
ummbikes said:
I think the career of Ken Griffey Jr. in some ways shows what Bonds should have been. If you take McGuire, Sosa, and Bonds assuming (I think they did juice.) they used steroids out of the equation Griffey even with the breakdown of his body is the dominant player of the 90's.

The benefit of steroids that isn't discussed enough is the much shorter recovery times from injury that can be realized. Would Bonds still be in the league if he had not juiced?
Barry Bonds minus steriods = Bobby Bonilla