Quantcast

bonfire, boostindoubles style

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
bonfires are fun, you get to relax with your friends, toss back a few beers, and enjoy the heat and glow from a healthy fire. This one brought out the state patrol and the tribal police. The Fire Department was threatened to come, but when i explained they would be wasting their time as it was only apple wood, they never showed up. I ended the night with 3rd degree burns on my ankle after i stumbled firewalking on the coals. drunken fire walking is BAD and i do not suggest trying it.

and sorry for the huge pics, i dont know how to change that. peace

this is early on in the evening, she was just getting hot

this is about when the police started showing up

a size reference, thats me btw.. :devil: i was still standing a good 15 feet away, any closer and its too hot

firewalking, not the brightest thing in the world, especially on this bed of coals

all in all it was a good night,the burns to my ankle dont really piss me off. i was asking for it, and it could easily have been alot worse. also considering last time we had one of these epic fires i shot everclear out my nose, it was a very good night :thumb:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
that was a funny link. we dont need gas to get our fires raging though, just 7 months of apple wood and summer pruning collected into a 15 ft tall, 30 ft wide pile, and a bic.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Skookum said:
You know you got a strong fire when you try to pee on it and it evaporates before it hits the ground.

good luck pissing on this fire, any closer than 15 ft to it and you feel like your getting sunburned. we literally couldnt stand closer than 20 ft, it just wasnt bearable. Even at 45-50 ft away the heat from the fire and the cool night air was an even match :eek:

J

JRB

AlmostHeaven said:
damn, you 'tossed back a few beers' and ended up walking on the coals.

*cough*lightweight?*cough*
Don't you mean *cough*dipsh*t*cough*???

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
AlmostHeaven said:
damn, you 'tossed back a few beers' and ended up walking on the coals.

*cough*lightweight?*cough*

bon fires are basically an excuse to sit around and drink with some friends. While a 'few' beers is ideal, many more can be consumed without realizing the gravity of the situation. I'd say 8 or 9 plus some jager led me into the fire. Needless to say i'll keep my fire walking to beds of coals that arent 3 feet deep from now on.