Quantcast

Bono

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Bono, lead singer of the band "U2," is famous throughout the entertainment industry for being more than just a little self-righteous.

At a recent U2 concert in Glasgow, Scotland, he asked the audience for total quiet. Then, in the silence, he slowly clapped his hands, once every few seconds.

Holding the audience in total stillness, he spoke into the microphone, "Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."

Suddenly, a voice with a broad Scottish accent from the front of the crowd pierced the quiet..... "Well, foockin stop doin it then, ya evil basturd!"

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
LOL, I wish everytime I clapped my hands, a self righteous blow bag rock star or actor would die..

*clap* Bono

*clap* Sean Penn

*clap* Bono......just for good measure...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Bono, lead singer of the band "U2," is famous throughout the entertainment industry for being more than just a little self-righteous.

At a recent U2 concert in Glasgow, Scotland, he asked the audience for total quiet. Then, in the silence, he slowly clapped his hands, once every few seconds.

Holding the audience in total stillness, he spoke into the microphone, "Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."

Suddenly, a voice with a broad Scottish accent from the front of the crowd pierced the quiet..... "Well, foockin stop doin it then, ya evil basturd!"
No, it never happened...

http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/bono.asp

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Dude, I never thought for one minute that it did, it was just a funny. I mean, there's no way Bono has that power.
No, I guess it requires more than that:

This tall tale's origins lie in a commercial made as part of 2005's "Make Poverty History" campaign. In that ad, a bevy of celebrities (including Bono) are shown wordlessly snapping their fingers every three seconds, with a voiceover stating "A child dies completely unnecessarily as a result of extreme poverty every three seconds."

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Sure, you can prevent it. Make Bono stop clapping. And tell Madoona to send the 10G she spends a month on water to Save the Children. And maybe some more of the hypocritical rich ****s who like to tell us how to spend our meager earnings will follow suit.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Me: "Everytime I clap my hands, the goddamn lights go out and the TV shuts off...."

Maybe if claps them again real quick, the kid would come back to life!

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I flash back to the Sam Kinison bit where he talks about all the celebrities visiting the starving kids...
"Heres an idea, take them to where the food is, youre standing right there!"

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Overpopulation is a massive world problem that we need to address. Best estimates say the planet can sustain 2bn people at 'western' levels of consumption (far less at US levels) and right now we have 6.5bn, most of whom are trying very hard to climb that ladder.