Quantcast

BOO SNOWBOARDS

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Took it out of the plastic. I think I have a different idea of what "tuned and waxed ready to ride" means. Upon quick inspection, I found this defect in the edge. I'd say shouldn't have passed quality control. Requesting a new one.

20220128-yes-standard-1.jpg
20220128-yes-standard-2.jpg
20220128-yes-standard-3.jpg

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Looks like it fell over in the shop/during tranport.
Yeah, hard to say. It came from the manufacturer, and looking at the thickness of the edge at that point, the grind gets thinner, so it’s almost as if it was a production defect. Strange one though.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Yeah, hard to say. It came from the manufacturer, and looking at the thickness of the edge at that point, the grind gets thinner, so it’s almost as if it was a production defect. Strange one though.
Yeah, definitely a warranty case. If you're lucky, you end up with two boards.;)

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
So buying boots that fit has been trying. There is very limited selection in store. And the sizing between brands has been all over the place. Also, the listed "size" is kind of a joke. If I'm a 10 in sneakers, why am I a 12 in snowboard boots?! Don't remember it being like this back in the day. Anyway I've done like 6 boots -> order, try on, send back. Think I'm very close to getting something that fits now!

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
So buying boots that fit has been trying. There is very limited selection in store. And the sizing between brands has been all over the place. Also, the listed "size" is kind of a joke. If I'm a 10 in sneakers, why am I a 12 in snowboard boots?! Don't remember it being like this back in the day. Anyway I've done like 6 boots -> order, try on, send back. Think I'm very close to getting something that fits now!
I feel ya, I am currently trying to size myself for a hybrid set up and the sizing is obnoxious.

Sent back the 3rd set, next size should be good.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Finally got the pair of boots that fit. Adidas in the end proved most comfortable With no pressure points and wide enough. They also are a good cm or two shorter than the burtons which were runners up. Now, I’m just waiting on the larger bindings! Who thought getting a setup would be so involved?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Finally got the pair of boots that fit. Adidas in the end proved most comfortable With no pressure points and wide enough. They also are a good cm or two shorter than the burtons which were runners up. Now, I’m just waiting on the larger bindings! Who thought getting a setup would be so involved?
lol, My Dahu's showed up this morning before I left as well, pretty stoked to be comfy and versatile

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
So, after 16 or so years of not snowboarding, I rented last year and got back into it. This year I bought an entire new setup, which has been trying to destroy my lower back ever since. Plus, the wife got new skis, etc. and my daughter is setup with new snowboard gear.

Last time we were doing this, I lived in an area where 80 was a hot day. Now we live where Summers are, hot, humid…at times, generally unpleasant. Any problem with getting or building some kind of rack and keeping the boards/skis in the garage? I’ve read that excessive heat can be a problem but surely I can’t be the only guy in the south that needs to store this stuff….?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
So, after 16 or so years of not snowboarding, I rented last year and got back into it. This year I bought an entire new setup, which has been trying to destroy my lower back ever since. Plus, the wife got new skis, etc. and my daughter is setup with new snowboard gear.

Last time we were doing this, I lived in an area where 80 was a hot day. Now we live where Summers are, hot, humid…at times, generally unpleasant. Any problem with getting or building some kind of rack and keeping the boards/skis in the garage? I’ve read that excessive heat can be a problem but surely I can’t be the only guy in the south that needs to store this stuff….?
no clue. ours are shoved into a closet in our garage when not in use

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Depending on my level of frustration, agitation, done dealing with it, I may go the very same route.

EDIT: Never an issue I’m guessing?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

Use a ton of summer storage wax on the bases and edges. Often boots and gear get stored in places that get above 120-140 degrees (attics, etc), and that destroys the plastics and soft bits.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Use a ton of summer storage wax on the bases and edges. Often boots and gear get stored in places that get above 120-140 degrees (attics, etc), and that destroys the plastics and soft bits.
I’ll definitely use storage wax. Thanks for the suggestion.. I wasn’t aware of that. The rest will be (and is) stored in the house.

Last edited:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Yesterday was decent. My wife and I went hunting for some cold snow pockets. This is also the way from Champery to Morgins on a bike in the summer time.

me
336E96D2-6DB7-4513-B38E-19CC2EE5FE63.jpeg

her
D854920B-936A-4776-A359-DA6AB964A1FD.jpeg

Me
143BEE21-E13D-485C-B129-16E315EE7491.jpeg

Coming out of one of the lines. This zone stays cold and preserves the pow when it is too windy and warm.
23798EFE-5B88-4655-B61D-A6439F5EADB1.jpeg

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
@dump Did you get some runs in on your new setup?

The bike riding was pretty good for a moment there but this is also decent.
That’s a wide 166 and I had to hike out. I got greedy but it was worth it.

3E5A5DDB-F679-4711-ACCE-0434C9E88074.jpeg

There was a Banked Slalom party going on that we had to stop by for a drink between laps. Everybody was chucking their carcasses and it was glorious. Lots of fun but my brother sprained his ankle on the long pow run down. He was pretty loose by then. He had dirt inside his goggle strap as well as other bizarre spots.…. We were laughing wondering how in the hell.
C9ED6079-CEFE-4231-8890-4195797970F7.jpeg

Some pow boards we like.
9B94495C-DDC0-405E-8B5C-631343658AA3.jpeg

4AADC7D3-8932-4865-AFC5-8494247BC9C1.jpeg

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Verbier and Chamonix
That's not skiing/snowboarding though. That's roping, scraping and (sometimes) surviving.

I've always wanted to make up a sport just to make fun of that shit. Like blindfolded traffic sensing pedestrian-ing. I can blather on about a non-polluting activity that you have to get in the zone for, and bro, you just don't know the rush......

And this one time, in 1970yearsomething, francois lepoop debaguette did it in a bunch of fiats with old school pitons and leather boots!!!!!

I'd get half those fuckers in france just for the lore and the attention

Last edited:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
That's not skiing/snowboarding though. That's roping, scraping and (sometimes) surviving.

I've always wanted to make up a sport just to make fun of that shit. Like blindfolded traffic sensing pedestrian-ing. I can blather on about a non-polluting activity that you have to get in the zone for, and bro, you just don't know the rush......

And this one time, in 1970yearsomething, francois lepoop debaguette did it in a bunch of fiats with old school pitons and leather boots!!!!!

I'd get half those fuckers in france just for the lore and the attention
There’s still plenty of riding between rappels however I’m just not as hardcore as I once tried to be. The biggest avalanches I ever triggered or came off a cliff high above me and almost got me were in, Verbier, Engleberg and Girdwood, AK. The meadow skipping is fine with me.

You need to get a scooter and deliver pizzas in any city in Italy! That’s fucking hardcore.