Quantcast

Book/Arctic Nerds, Gonna Brag On My Dad For A Minute.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, he is an academic and a book collector. He was director of antiquities at the New York Public Library and the Newberry library in Chicago, so he was Exposed to great arctic collections. He also did some Antarctic expeditions when he was in the Navy, so it runs deep. I grew up in a house with 10,000 books...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well, he is an academic and a book collector. He was director of antiquities at the New York Public Library and the Newberry library in Chicago, so he was Exposed to great arctic collections. He also did some Antarctic expeditions when he was in the Navy, so it runs deep. I grew up in a house with 10,000 books...
that's pretty awesome tbh

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Please tell me they were all displayed in some baller ass library with a leather reading chair. If so, pics.

Cause that's 100% what I aspire to in life.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Please tell me they were all displayed in some baller ass library with a leather reading chair. If so, pics.

Cause that's 100% what I aspire to in life.
Well, both my parents were professors/ librarians, so it wasn’t as luxe as you are probably imagining. We just had every...damn...wall...covered in books and bookcases. He did, however, have an amazing leather chair that he sat in every night and listened to classical music While drinking gin or scotch. Both of my parents were semi-professional Bassoon players as well.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

My father often reminisces about that one time he read a book in high school. He discusses it with an air of academic superiority.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Both of my parents were semi-professional Bassoon players as well.
a friend of mine from band in HS is a semi professional bassoon player too. not sure if that's his main gig but he was really good. i think he's in music ed or something too maybe?