Quantcast

Books you're reading.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Since my college semester is over I finally have some time at night to read. I just started in on The Devil in the White City and I'm thoroughly it already. Has anybody read it?

What are you currently reading?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I just finished reading Blood Meridian, good read. Trying to start a new book, haven't gotten very far and can't remember the name.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'amour, The Crime Stories Volume Six

and for when I need a laugh

Men's Adventure Magazines

Last edited:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I read the Chronicles of Ride Monkey, great for people with no attention spans like me.
Bwahhhhhhhh I'm giving you rep for "no attention spans" and so I'm closer to being able to give TN rep once again.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I'm reading The Rotters Club for a book club. It's aiight.

I just re-read Pretty Birds and loved it again!

Kerouac's The Dharma Bums. Before this I was reading Naked Lunch by W.S. Burroughs, couldn't finish it. One of the most important novels of the twentieth century my ass!

Try to read Bukowski's entire catalog also. Ham on rye is one of my favorite books.

NuMexJoe

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Since you specified nonfiction, I'd recommend Robert Mason's "Chickenhawk," if you've not already read it. I borrowed it from my dad (a Vietnam era helicopter pilot himself) a couple months ago and it was a quick and engaging read. Just bought a copy off of Half.com to loan out to a riding buddy. Haven't heard of Devil in the White City. Any good? I'll have to look into it.
- Joe

I just started in on The Devil in the White City and I'm thoroughly it already. Has anybody read it?

What are you currently reading?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Since you specified nonfiction, I'd recommend Robert Mason's "Chickenhawk," if you've not already read it. I borrowed it from my dad (a Vietnam era helicopter pilot himself) a couple months ago and it was a quick and engaging read. Just bought a copy off of Half.com to loan out to a riding buddy. Haven't heard of Devil in the White City. Any good? I'll have to look into it.
- Joe
It's about a murderer and the Architects of the 1893 Worlds Fair in Chicago.

It's an interesting time in US history especially for Architecture. The serial murderer adds another level of mystique to the book/time period.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
I'm re-reading "Stiff: The curious lives of Human Cadavers" by Mary Roach. It's about the history of using cadavers for medical/scientific/forensic research.

That, NMS medicine, geriatric case files, and this:

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
non fiction?
I finished this recently:

The World Without Us, Alan Weisman

and I've just started:

1491 new revelations of the americas before columbus. The author has a sense of humor, toungue in cheek. I always like that.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I just read;

The World's Shortest Fairy Tale

Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer and scotch and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.

THE END

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
i'm starting to re-read Stephen King's Dark Tower series. i read the first 3 but haven't read the remainding books and since it's been so long since i've read them i gotta re-read to remember what the hell's going on.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
On the last chapters of At All Costs, by David Weber. Military Sci-Fi series. Good stuff.

I'm going to re-read George R.R. Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice series.