Quantcast

@@@ Boom Boom day GMT@@@

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
No bombs going off yet...but all locked up with the A/C on...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was 14 and had a sack of m80s at the beach on 4th of July. I was also drinking and smoking, haha. I was lighting and throwing the m80s, when I spaced out and lit the m80 and was watching the fuse go down. My friend asked me if I was going to throw it, and I tossed it quickly. It went off, knocking my hand back and rendering me deaf for the rest of the night.

Thinking about it still gives me the shivers. I've done some stupid shit.
I used to cut the tips off of empty C02 cartridges, fill with black powder and epoxy in an end plug with either looong cannon fuse or model rocket engine ignitors with some speaker wire. Those wouldn't just take out some fingers but would throw real shrapnel. Utmost care was necessary if one wanted to be able to count to ten and wink.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Team Colorado Commis?
Given that they have their showroom in Golden, can be demoed there, ordered online without LBS/distributor BS, and are decent values makes them a sane choice. Well, if they don’t crack.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I used to cut the tips off of empty C02 cartridges, fill with black powder and epoxy in an end plug with either looong cannon fuse or model rocket engine ignitors with some speaker wire. Those wouldn't just take out some fingers but would throw real shrapnel. Utmost care was necessary if one wanted to be able to count to ten and wink.
That sounds mildly dangerous.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I miss flaming tennis ball cannons. soak the tennis ball in a kerosene /gasolene mix. the cannon was 3 empty tin cans bottom can had a hole at the bottom side by the lip (ignitor port) top lid had a bunch of perforations but was intact other wise middle can had top and bottom lid removed. to can has top and bottom lids removed and the top can lip removed. the cans were stacked and the seams heavily duct taped as well as tap running top to bottom on the sides. You sprayed lighter fluid into to the top can for about 30 seconds the shook the cannon for about 15 seconds to get a good fuel air mix. Stuff the tennis ball down to the junction of the top and middle can. if you were wearing heavy gloves you could hold and aim it otherwise you set it on the ground and put a flame to the ignitor hole. Instant piston action and launch of the flaming tennis ball. it would fly at least 100' way fun at night when stoned on a school play ground

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I miss flaming tennis ball cannons. soak the tennis ball in a kerosene /gasolene mix. the cannon was 3 empty tin cans bottom can had a hole at the bottom side by the lip (ignitor port) top lid had a bunch of perforations but was intact other wise middle can had top and bottom lid removed. to can has top and bottom lids removed and the top can lip removed. the cans were stacked and the seams heavily duct taped as well as tap running top to bottom on the sides. You sprayed lighter fluid into to the top can for about 30 seconds the shook the cannon for about 15 seconds to get a good fuel air mix. Stuff the tennis ball down to the junction of the top and middle can. if you were wearing heavy gloves you could hold and aim it otherwise you set it on the ground and put a flame to the ignitor hole. Instant piston action and launch of the flaming tennis ball. it would fly at least 100' way fun at night when stoned on a school play ground
I knew it! Many fire fighters are pyromaniacs! ;)