Quantcast

Boone/Blowing Rock

Sep 9, 2007
Hi all. New to the forum. Live in Charlotte, going to be in blowing rock at chetola resort for a meeting this week, thinking of riding friday afternoon. Anything good nearby? I will be riding solo and will have the company car, so ease of access/safety of the trailhead are important.

Thanks!!

Sep 9, 2007
Not much of an urban rider or dirtjumper. Prefer dh, lite fr (stout 5" rig) or xc (if highly technical with good dh and not too much climbing).

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Friday is supposed to be pretty nice. There are lots of options in nearby Wilson's Creek, but solo rides without prior experience are risky out there.

GotMyGED

Monkey
Mar 29, 2006
Knoxville
There is some good riding in Boone off the greenway on state farm road. Ask one of the locals about it. There is a skate park and some soccer fields down there. Just ride your bike down the greenway past all the fields. Singletrack is up the hill to the left after you cross the creek. There are some freeride sections, but it will require a little climbing.

If you are planning on doing a long ride, i would check out wilsons.

There is some single track in blowing rock, but you need to ask the locals what is designated as multi-use or hiking only, they are pretty strict since it is a tourist area.

For riding info, check out Magic cycles in downtown boone.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
man i would take muelstar's advice on this one. i wouldnt pull a solo in wilsons or any of the trails up in the boone/blowing rock area unless you have had previous experiance with them and know how to get back to the car.