Quantcast

BOOOOOO E-BIKES

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
You know sitting on a chairlift for hours to ride down rough/fast/technical off road tracks a few times isn't really cycling, right?
Sooo? I guess these folks were not part of the study as it was conducted in cities.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
So, Hans Rey has a bunch of new videos of him riding e-bikes with Missy Giove and other people.
lo and behold, he has gotten a little fat.
coincidence?
i think not!
and old too. Don't forget old!

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
You know sitting on a chairlift for hours to ride down rough/fast/technical off road tracks a few times isn't really cycling, right?
iRider is the DH forum's 140mm-rotor-loving XC whippet, your retort is heavily misdirected.

Could fire it at me though, I love chairlifts almost as much as I love eating.
I'll happily take an e-bike too though, when someone gifts me one.
I want mine to be everything @rideit said though, that and free.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
iRider is the DH forum's 140mm-rotor-loving XC whippet, your retort is heavily misdirected.
I live in frikkin Denmark, what do you expect?
And even if I lived in the mountains I wouldn't need 300 mm brake rotors as I ride micro wheels, don't have an eBike BMI and am not fast enough.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK

Could fire it at me though, I love chairlifts almost as much as I love eating.
I'll happily take an e-bike too though, when someone gifts me one.
I want mine to be everything @rideit said though, that and free.
My reply was simply a nod towards which forum we're posting in rather than directed at anyone in particular.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
That's one of my most abusive insults.
Me too bro

Incase you didn't notice, I like chairlifts, uphill assistance and just fucking about on bikes rather than quantifying and bragging about cock size fitness

"Cyclists" are kind of an embarrasing sub culture to aspire to.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Yeah, every dealer going to be shoveling those down your throat now.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
If it walks like a moped and quacks like a moped, perhaps it is a moped?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Sorry dude. It's not interesting at all.
None of Joe's points are even relevant outside of the US.
The US is the issue. Not Ebikes.

Booooooooo USA

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
He's a complete fanny!

He's whining about people riding UP trails faster and is riding a gravel bike to go faster UP hill

Emtbs don't go any faster Down or on the flat.

They generally don't have a faster max speed than a fit rider does either... They just allow you to hold that speed for much much longer and less effort, especially up hill.

Kinda ironic that he's moaning about it to an english girl in her country where there are zero issues riding one anywhere mtbs have access to. Shame she works for a pathetic UK industry arse licking mtb magazine and didn't have the nerve to pull him up on the bullshit he spouted at her.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Sorry dude. It's not interesting at all.
None of Joe's points are even relevant outside of the US.
The US is the issue. Not Ebikes.

Booooooooo USA
Australia seems somewhere between the US and Europe in terms of e-bike sentiment. Of course given our population size, MTB participation numbers and dropbear fatalities, thats a total market of two e-bike per year and Eugene and Rusty have already got e-bikes.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
BTW, the retail price on that new Specialized top of the line e-bike here is $26,000 AUD. With a 34 and a DPS.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
it's only like 500 quid cheaper here.
The normal S-Works is a grand and a half less
Both crazy TBF
The 6 grand Carbon SL comp is the one to go for really.
stick a 170mm Lyrik and a cheap set of 27.5 wheels, tubeless on it, a zee mech/shifter and cheap 11-36 10 speed cassette and you should end up with a sub 38lb pinner.
WITH FUCKING PEDALS.

Last edited:

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Santa Cruz is apparently filming the release vid for their 150mm 27.5" e-bike at the moment. Maybe an e-Bronson?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Heckler (But yeah.. sort of an e-Bronson I suppose)

[EDIT]
Full details on PB

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Roskopp on what percentage of the Santa Cruz catalog will be battery-powered five years from now:
bigquotes
I think a safe answer might be 50-percent. I don't see pedal bikes going away. I mean, we've grown year over year considerably over the last four years, and I think that's due to a really good product, customer service, warranty, and this will be another bump for us because the platform is really good.

translation: "we're working on an e10"