Quantcast

BOOOOOO E-BIKES

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
i'd say its a safe bet that this was a downhill only trail within the bikepark. given that griz works in the industry (deity & vital) he can't claim ignorance or lack of signage was a cause. if he's a passholder there, that would even further undermine that argument, as passholders acknowledge that they will follow resort rules when they sign up for a pass.
In court, he/they would absolutely claim that. 98% chance they'd lose that argument, but IME, they always go for it.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
For the sake of full disclosure, I got a DM from Sean. He claims that Pete was poaching the closed DH trail as well. Interesting, but in my mind, irrelevant. Sean was poaching as well, just in the WRONG DIRECTION. On an ebike, which was not allowed.
He was playing the victim. It was sad.

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
TBF Ebike haters are just clutching at straws looking for drama to be offended by... even though there really isn't any/ The more accepted Emtb is becoming, the more foolish these insecure twats look.

WTF cares that a noob can ride 8 fucking miles out and 8 fucking miles back (coz that's about the current range in any genuinely hilly area)
Why not just generalize all situations to be just like yours, where there's apparently plenty of trail to go around for everyone. Some trails are crowded multi-use, and don't need more people riding faster on uphill blind corners. More conflict is gonna equal less trail access, and all bikes (in my area) are gonna be the losers in that fight. But keep on swinging away at anyone who doesn't agree with you, because surely you're the only one who knows what you're talking about.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Can you even see the irony of how much of a non issue you're worrying about?
:confused:

Didn't you see @rideit 's post about an e-bike bro riding up a DH trail and injuring someone?

We saw it at Mont Sainte Anne a few weeks ago too. And these are the "controlled" areas...

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
I think that both parties can be right here; in Scotland where there is relatively low population density and legally mandated statutory access to large amounts of land e-bikes are probably going to be no problem at all and here in Canada I feel like that is also the case, at least in BC. In densely populated parts of the USA where there is already tenuous access to limited land for riding and a culture of being extremely litigious, I think it's likely we will see problems. You really have to visit the USA to realise just how little riding there really is for so very many people in most built up areas, at least along the west coast.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I think that both parties can be right here; in Scotland where there is relatively low population density and legally mandated statutory access to large amounts of land e-bikes are probably going to be no problem at all and here in Canada I feel like that is also the case, at least in BC. In densely populated parts of the USA where there is already tenuous access to limited land for riding and a culture of being extremely litigious, I think it's likely we will see problems. You really have to visit the USA to realise just how little riding there really is for so very many people in most built up areas, at least along the west coast.
it's the same on the east coast too

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO

SO I shouldn't try to ride the highest-powered EV bike-moto up Tunnel Trail in SB just to annoy the hikers even more?

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
says the guy who brought the e-biker to our last ride... :D
Ummm........ he is a friend of mine but I didn't invite him that ride. And to be fair he receives without doubt substantially more shit then typically is dished out among friends. He gets his balls broken constantly, many times un-mercifully. I'm actually surprised he still rides us sometimes.

Vrock

Linkage Design Blog
Aug 13, 2005
Spain
There is no need to visit the USA, you can see it using Strava Heatmap.
Cities are huge, trails are tiny and designed in a weird way...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Occasionally I see some douche bag going down the road on one of those electric monowheel things. Far from the strangest conveyance people use to commute around here, but the monowheel dudes invariably have a Bluetooth speaker blasting shitty music in what I can only guess is a desperate cry of "look at me". The urge to step out from behind a parked car with a forearm shivver is strong.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Occasionally I see some douche bag going down the road on one of those electric monowheel things. Far from the strangest conveyance people use to commute around here, but the monowheel dudes invariably have a Bluetooth speaker blasting shitty music in what I can only guess is a desperate cry of "look at me". The urge to step out from behind a parked car with a forearm shivver is strong.
I saw one of those crazy motherfuckers in Bozeman on Main Street, in traffic, doing like 25mph. Jeezus... talk about a death-wish. :panic:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I saw one of those crazy motherfuckers in Bozeman on Main Street, in traffic, doing like 25mph. Jeezus... talk about a death-wish. :panic:
If only there was some simple two wheeled vehicle that could achieve the same speed yet remain stable under emergency braking.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I watched the Pietra Ligure EWS-E and EWS highlights yesterday evening.

I found the muscular version to be more entertaining, but (objectively) the EWS-E format is interesting as well, with the power stages that basically consist of nearly impossible climbs.

I have always been a total Nico Vouilloz fanboi, so I really enjoyed watching this EWS-E race. He has such a distinctive style on the bike, it is a pure joy to watch and he really was on it this weekend. I‘d recommend even to the biggest eBike haters to have a look at that race. Fresh Nico race footage has been scarce in the past few years and it’s too good to be ignored.

Last edited:

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Looks like the access issues might be less dramatic?

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
A "professional" ebiker. That any decent 50CC rider would smoke all around trails, tracks and not look like a tool while riding on their motorcycles either.....

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Mediocre. Overpriced. Overly heavy.

$7.5k for an E7000 motor bike is laughable

Well done Santa Cruz