Quantcast

BOOOOOO E-BIKES

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
If it means dealing with more fat guys wearing cargo pants riding their ebike on the trails in order to get more trails like they have in WA or BC or parts of Europe, I'm ok with that.
But that also means more flow trails, more sanitizing, larger crowds on trails. All things that I did not get into MTB riding for. Sure, a flow trail is fun once in a while, but those BMX tracks for 29" bikes they build everywhere lately suck.

I would rather have less trails available to me if they are raw and natural with fewer users. "Growing the sport" has more downsides than ups lately IMO.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
But that also means more flow trails, more sanitizing, larger crowds on trails. All things that I did not get into MTB riding for. Sure, a flow trail is fun once in a while, but those BMX tracks for 29" bikes they build everywhere lately suck.

I would rather have less trails available to me if they are raw and natural with fewer users. "Growing the sport" has more downsides than ups lately IMO.
those trails are still there and plenty. just avoid the hot spots

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
except if its an EV flag, amirite?!
I don't know how many times I have to say it....philosophically, again, I don't care.

What I care about is perpetuating all the horrible things put in place with manufacturing, resource extraction and shit labor practices that were the same with the creation of the oil industry, while touting EVs as jesus lord and savior of the human race.

And this motherfucker needs to piss off to mars, preferably by trebuchet, not pressurized rocket

motorbikes belong to the streets or mx tracks in europe.
Don't tell buckow. Here they belong on beautiful mountainous singletrack. I'd like to keep it that way. And the sooner ebikers realize that's what they are in the eyes of federal law, the more shit we can get built and opened up.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
the problem is as more people get into the sport those fun rough trails get reworked and dumbed down. seen it happen all over pisgah in recent years. ebikes just increase ease of access to such places for riders who can't really handle them, especially since out here the climbs to get to the rough natural trails tend to be fire roads, perfect for motoring up. thus the "hot spots" spread. ugh.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
the problem is as more people get into the sport those fun rough trails get reworked and dumbed down. seen it happen all over pisgah in recent years. ebikes just increase ease of access to such places for riders who can't really handle them, especially since out here the climbs to get to the rough natural trails tend to be fire roads, perfect for motoring up. thus the "hot spots" spread. ugh.

sustainabletrails.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I don't know how many times I have to say it....philosophically, again, I don't care.

What I care about is perpetuating all the horrible things put in place with manufacturing, resource extraction and shit labor practices that were the same with the creation of the oil industry, while touting EVs as jesus lord and savior of the human race.
but it's ok for sleds, motos and pickup trucks?! or for people who aren't rich?
And this motherfucker needs to piss off to mars, preferably by trebuchet, not pressurized rocket
an op-ed from the Fresno Bee?! hmmm... good source. (and nevermind this little nugget buried in there: "Meanwhile, the high-speed rail project continues to be built in the Valley. While still seen as a electric-powered train system to take people from the Bay Area to Los Angeles and back, the current construction is for a Merced-to-Bakersfield segment.").

as someone who works in the field, I can tell you with great certainty no one is seriously considering hyper-loop technology as a viable solution or alternative currently, or in the near future.

Also, people are very aware of the impacts of lithium and cobalt mining, and are trying to do something about it. EVs aren't a magical solution, they're a better option than continued use of bigger and bigger vehicles... https://www.cbc.ca/radio/whatonearth/lithium-mining-report-transit-1.6755418

I've said it every time I respond to one of your rants against Tesla owners and Musk, but I'm not a fan of him either. I will never, by principle, own one. But I also don't paint all EV owners as evangelists or hypocrites...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
but it's ok for sleds, motos and pickup trucks?! or for people who aren't rich?

an op-ed from the Fresno Bee?! hmmm... good source. (and nevermind this little nugget buried in there: "Meanwhile, the high-speed rail project continues to be built in the Valley. While still seen as a electric-powered train system to take people from the Bay Area to Los Angeles and back, the current construction is for a Merced-to-Bakersfield segment.").

as someone who works in the field, I can tell you with great certainty no one is seriously considering hyper-loop technology as a viable solution or alternative currently, or in the near future.

Also, people are very aware of the impacts of lithium and cobalt mining, and are trying to do something about it. EVs aren't a magical solution, they're a better option than continued use of bigger and bigger vehicles... https://www.cbc.ca/radio/whatonearth/lithium-mining-report-transit-1.6755418

I've said it every time I respond to one of your rants against Tesla owners and Musk, but I'm not a fan of him either. I will never, by principle, own one. But I also don't paint all EV owners as evangelists or hypocrites...

JFC

I didn't post that because of the reasonableness of that dumb hyperloop, but because it was used to shut down rail transportation so he could sell more cars.

You burn more gas driving to xc skiing than I do snowmobiling.

I'm done with you. Bricks are more astute

I was in Meyers last week, and the house we rented had snow in the backyard up to the top of the fence.
the sunbelt!
now add another 5ft

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
JFC

I didn't post that because of the reasonableness of that dumb hyperloop, but because it was used to shut down rail transportation so he could sell more cars.

the sunbelt!
now add another 5ft
pinkbike feet or real feet.

you seem real proud of your...accumulation size... :rofl:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
JFC

the sunbelt!
now add another 5ft
but your own article contradicts your point. the rail line is still being built?!

and not when I carpool I don't. and not when I'll have an EV. and probably not as much gas as you burn commuting to the snowmobile spots...

you can't have it both ways. either you're a reasonable person that recognizes when they've painted themselves into a corner, or you're a troll... I won't stop pointing out your inconsistencies... it's entertaining to me.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
bike trails maybe, century old paths unlikely. quite contraire actually, in italy a lot of forgotten trails get reactivated just for biking. we are heading to punta ala/piombino/massa marittima for a week after easter. they did exactly that there, and also build new stuff, but not really like imba flow trails…

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
the rail line is still being built?!
NO! :rofl:

And I've brought that up before when you get all butthurt about me shit talking teslas you brick.

and not when I'll have an EV. and probably not as much gas as you burn commuting to the snowmobile spots...
Ah fantasy future...got it. You'll notice my sentence was present tense. You don't notice much so probably not. I rarely drive more than two miles to sled. Winters like this almost none. Not even a drop in the bucket compared to the city commuters driving 4 hrs one way here to ski, which is a cumulative few million trips/season

you can't have it both ways. either you're a reasonable person that recognizes when they've painted themselves into a corner, or you're a troll... I won't stop pointing out your inconsistencies... it's entertaining to me.
brick2.jpg

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
NO! :rofl:

And I've brought that up before when you get all butthurt about me shit talking teslas you brick.

Ah fantasy future...got it. You'll notice my sentence was present tense. You don't notice much so probably not. I rarely drive more than two miles to sled. Winters like this almost none. Not even a drop in the bucket compared to the city commuters driving 4 hrs one way here to ski, which is a cumulative few million trips/season

View attachment 190174
you keep saying people misunderstand you, and to go back and read what you actually wrote... but maybe, just maybe, you could be a little more clear and concise?

and since we're comparing ecological footprints... I live downtown, in a small (1100 sq ft) home. I bike to work. Sure I drive about 15kms on days when I get out to the forest, but most times I car pool. 5 of my buddies have EVs, and I often get lifts with them. When my current vehicle reaches its end of life, it will be replaced with an EV (but not before its end of life). All in all, I'm willing to bet you drive more than I do, even if its not for recreation. so yeah, your righteous indignation?! I don't take it seriously.

what's that picture you like to post a lot?
1677614541636.png

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Sadly not around here. The old ones get converted/sanitized/IMBA'd and we started with a small selection. Most of the truely new build stuff is initally good, loamy and fun. Then the trail crew thinks they need to show what great builders they are and add useless "features" (uphill rock garden anyone?), take out all roots because "29-ers roll over everything" and give it a good layer of gravel.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
you keep saying people misunderstand you, and to go back and read what you actually wrote... but maybe, just maybe, you could be a little more clear and concise?

and since we're comparing ecological footprints... I live downtown, in a small (1100 sq ft) home. I bike to work. Sure I drive about 15kms on days when I get out to the forest, but most times I car pool. 5 of my buddies have EVs, and I often get lifts with them. When my current vehicle reaches its end of life, it will be replaced with an EV (but not before its end of life). All in all, I'm willing to bet you drive more than I do, even if its not for recreation. so yeah, your righteous indignation?! I don't take it seriously.

what's that picture you like to post a lot?
View attachment 190189
You're the one who brought up my snowmobile dipshit. I don't care what you do with your life :rofl:

Tesla is a shitty company run by a shitty brat, and their biggest customer base is other smug shitty people. I'm really sorry you have such an emotional attachment to tesla. It's actually kind of weird. No one else gets all butthurt over ford or dodge jokes.

Trying to get you to understand subtext and nuance in a world where things are neither all good, or all bad is starting to feel like I'm picking on the kid in the back of the room who eats paste all day.

Last edited:

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
Sadly not around here. The old ones get converted/sanitized/IMBA'd and we started with a small selection. Most of the truely new build stuff is initally good, loamy and fun. Then the trail crew thinks they need to show what great builders they are and add useless "features" (uphill rock garden anyone?), take out all roots because "29-ers roll over everything" and give it a good layer of gravel.
where is here?