Quantcast

BOOOOOO E-BIKES

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
true but somebody needs to start?
curbing consumerism is the right start, not selling a new 13k non-durable good made with near slave labor to the notoriously wasteful outdoor recreation population, who then hops on planes trains and automobiles to use them IMO. That applies to regular bikes and skis too obviously. People burn 50 gallons of gas here to drive somewhere to hike and then pat themselves on the back for their non-motorized pursuits in life, LOL

Regarding ebikes in the US specifically, I personally find it hilarious that a bunch of mountainbikers who told themselves their entire lives they were better and far superior than say dirtbikers, are now caught up in the same motorized use laws many of them helped push.

I'm not sure why they got so immediately accepted in europe as obviously just another way to enjoy being outside, without the same hangups there. But enjoy it, this place deserves its own stupidity in that regard.

Last edited:

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
The Alta even comes with its own practical little stool so that the ebike can stand by itself, or for when one gets too tired to move its feet in circles.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
of those 48% ebikes, 38% were electric mtbs, or 18% of all sold bikes. non electric mtbs were 3% of all sold bikes.
that's not hasselhoff

I'm not sure of your point. I already know ebikes are the new eNdUrO sales strategy that industry has taken on. I don't know what they are here but I'm sure they're up there as well.

In the 80s and 90s when mountianbikes were 100% of mountainbike sales we still had dumb so called environmental laws here that made them illegal in a lot of places

If you're trying to make a point that they're so popular, they can't be ignored, then by that logic all the dumb motorized laws here could disappear if enough people bought dirtbikes. 15-20 years ago there were more dirtibkes out on public lands than mountainbikes and that did very little to our dumb laws.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
what's david hasselhoff favorability at these days?
Well,he has the most beloved song In Germany. kidwoo,I am speechless as to how you do not know this?
When the wall was taken down in Germany,David was there singing that major hit of his In Germany. He was very proud tobe there and took it very serious.

Avy

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Well,he has the most beloved song In Germany. kidwoo,I am speechless as to how you do not know this?
When the wall was taken down in Germany,David was there singing that major hit of his In Germany. He was very proud tobe there and took it very serious.

Avy

I had no idea.

I just randomly connected david hasselhoff with germany completely out of the blue, and without any background knowledge whatsoever.

I mean, what are the chances, right?

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I had no idea.

I just randomly connected david hasselhoff with germany completely out of the blue, and without any background knowledge whatsoever.

I mean, what are the chances, right?
You are being a wise guy.

I don’t know what I was thinkin O Great One,so Sorry.

Avy

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
we know the Hoff

And we know how you feel about the Hoff

it is the way of your people
What, no clip of him eating the Hamburger? That’s what made him famous here in “America”.

Avy

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, picture of the day to crack you guys up. Marcelo's wife is hot like a model, (He does some testing for Giant) and she wanted to spin. (Not smart for her to be riding alone in the city with a fancy bike), so she has her ebike on a Wahoo Kickr.
I mean, think of the watts! Granted, she went in eco for over an hour, so still a 'strong' (!) workout. (Depending on how many watts you are putting out above the assist)
But hilarious!

PXL_20230327_113520912_copy_1600x1205.jpg

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
You know, I actually just assumed she used the assist, I have really no idea. But he is one of the strongest riders in the country on pedal bikes, so....maybe I'll ask. But I'm not sure if it would be polite.
However, they pedal like absolute garbage with the motor totally off.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Best I could find
Hahaha...I suppose two barely identifiable people dressed up as Jon and Poncherello from CHiPs TV series probably could constitute "pic of the day" to a very select niche audience somewhere on the internet.

1679965839604.png

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Pedalling most mid motors when switched off penalises you with only a miniscule amount of extra resistance. Shimano motors for instance have no more extra resistance than a slightly over preloaded HTII BB. (remove the chain from the chainring and spin the cranks forwards and houll see just how well they still spin) it's generally the super heavy bike (25kg seems about the norm these days) combined with heavy slow rolling soft compound tyres most are fitted with that makes them feel like pigs to pedal switched off. Especially if you've ridden it switched on first. So using one to work out on an indoor trainer shouldn't really cause them any drama.