Quantcast

BOOOOOO E-BIKES

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
looks to be some sort of masterplan to round them all up in a field somewhere to queue for food and seating keeping em all safely away from good trails.
isn‘t that from the same organisers as the bc bike race?
Queuing up or waiting for stuff and being blocked by joeys on the good sections of trail. Exactly like the BC Bike Race then.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
IMG_5205.JPG

I replaced my full power ebike with a mid power. It handles so much better and I was still able to do 4,600+ ft in 2 hours yesterday. As a parent, I seldom have more time than that to get out to ride, so not really missing the extra range.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Damn, that thing really doesn’t look like an e-bike. How much can you hear the motor?
It's pretty quiet, especially in the low and mid power settings. It sounds different than the Levo, which had a steady, clearly motor sound. The Fazua makes kind of a quiet whirr coupled with sort of a clicking noise - hard to describe. It's not nearly silent like the TQ in the Trek EXe, but it's pretty damn quiet. I've ridden with people who didn't realize it was an ebike.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
4,600+ ft in 2 hours yesterday
Lol thats quicker than uplifts half the time with the amount of faffing

I’m gonna call the first bike that is indistinguishable from its non-powered version ‘The Singularity’.
The fuel ex and exe come pretty close, but those Santa Cruz offerings are wild. Actually aside from the V10 and their gravel bike I pretty much can't tell any Santa Cruz bikes apart anymore without reading the decals.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Lol thats quicker than uplifts half the time with the amount of faffing
Yeah, I mean when I visit places that have shuttle vans, I'd rather just ride the ebike than dealing with reserving shuttle slots, being there at a certain time, smelling the stank of a van full of MTBers, trying not get sick from the driver's psychotic driving, etc. Yeah you actually use your legs a tiny bit, but it's not much. That said, it doesn't compare at all to riding chairlifts, but there's none within 4 hours of me so it's not much of an option.

fazua are good as long everything works, too bad they can‘t be bothered to release the damn range extender anytime soon. rumors are now early 2025. also needs a controller with buttons
Fucking Germans, I blame all their vacation time.

Having used a button controller and now the ring, I'm fine with either. The ring is really sensitive to not being overly tight on the bar, but I think I actually like the more tactile feel of it, and least for changing modes. I wish the display was an LCD, but I paired the motor with my Garmin to show battery %.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Yeah, I mean when I visit places that have shuttle vans, I'd rather just ride the ebike than dealing with reserving shuttle slots, being there at a certain time, smelling the stank of a van full of MTBers, trying not get sick from the driver's psychotic driving, etc. Yeah you actually use your legs a tiny bit, but it's not much. That said, it doesn't compare at all to riding chairlifts, but there's none within 4 hours of me so it's not much of an option.
Oh yeah if its a mint chairlift day there's really no comparison but I've definitely done shuttle or uplift days that were such a fuck about or horrible racks/driving that an e-bike would be preferable.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
fazua are good as long everything works, too bad they can‘t be bothered to release the damn range extender anytime soon. rumors are now early 2025. also needs a controller with buttons
Do you have a fazua Emtb?
One of my bikes is a Vitus Fazua based road/gravel ebike with fast rolling 47mm gravelking slicks and I really like it for doing the 40mile commute at an effort that allows me to arrive without being a sweaty mess at each end. The 250wh pack's range is plenty for that as any flat or descent I'm above the 15.5mph assistance cut out so the motor's only really being used to let me chill on the ups without it becoming hellishly slow. The oversized downtube honestly doesn't scream Ebike to look at either and rides almost as nicely as a normal bike with the battery and motor removed. I still have a normal roadbike and a couple of hardtails to cover anything I'd want to do on it with the motor removed so didn't bother buying the blanking plate. Otherwise I might have.
The 4 T30 BB mount bolts and BB itself wouldn't exactly fill me with confidence for proper mtb use. Honestly don't miss a bar mounted controller but I definitely would on an Emtb

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
So my lovely Commencal Eeb was in a car accident. Does anyone want/need a newish Shimano EP8? 600w battery, too. I can't say it'll work, It should, I haven't tested it. It's just sitting collecting dust. Hopefully it can have a good home other than a landfill.

I've also got a Fox 36 with a hole in the air side, oil side should be fine, if you need some newish Fox 36 guts. Random stuff like that. The Fox Transfer post should work, but it has no lever as that was destroyed in the accident. Brakes, derailer, etc. too. If it wasn't obviously destroyed, I kept it.

All free, not asking for money, hopefully someone can find a use for this stuff. Ping me if interested.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'd take you up on that and try to EP8-swap my E8000 Pivot Shuttle.

but honestly I'm not doing that, and my E8000 is fine.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I'd def take the motor off your hands but international postage would probably make that too much of a hassle from your side