Quantcast

BOOOOOO E-BIKES

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Just a warning about Ebikes before you all settle down watching Rampage.
I was foolish enough to buy one for about half the price of a new 29" carbon DH bike
Absolutely hated riding mine pretty much all day and night yesterday.
It was horrible climbing up all those many thousands of feet faster with less effort
Absolutely horrid descending just as fast as my Carbon enduro bike.
Still having the energy to go nightriding with a bunch of friends later absolutely sucked
Especially the beer, blunts n homemade pizza from my mates new pizza oven.
Managing to still ride the mile uphill home at 2am after 15 beers was truely awful too.

Beer! it sucks!
_20180615_192902.JPG

Rainbows! they suck too
IMG-20181021-WA0000.jpg

Sunsets! Absolutely suck !
IMG-20180929-WA0001.jpg

TL : DR Ebikes suck

Ban them now before they ruin anyone elses day

Gallain

Monkey
Dec 28, 2001
Sweden
Yes, and there are people that absolutely love riding road bikes... Doesn't matter. I don't like the sound e bikes make and I don't like road riding. Stop trying to justify your purchase to us.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Yes, and there are people that absolutely love riding road bikes... Doesn't matter. I don't like the sound e bikes make and I don't like road riding. Stop trying to justify your purchase to us.
I love riding roadbikes.

No one is trying to justify anything to you bro... Dry your panties. it's just a bit of harmless fun with a couple of other Monkeys.

I love riding roadbikes.

No one is trying to justify anything to you bro... Dry your panties. it's just a bit of harmless fun with a couple of other Monkeys.
I kinda like road bikes, quiet and light and have pedals, nice as long as one stays away from the peloton loonies and their oddball social norms... mine happens to sport 646 pedals, and I ride it maybe once a year; last time I met a timber rattler crossing the road, which was nice.

Gallain

Monkey
Dec 28, 2001
Sweden
I love riding roadbikes.

I like road bikes also, as long as they have at least 50*584c tires and I'm on dirt... With a flatbar... And suspension...

But really why does it matter so much to you? You bring it up so often... Aren't there other forums where people who like things that requires batteries to get of high five each other?

One of our really good spots where I'm from is probably going to be closed of for all bikes now because of e bikes that couldn't slow down and show some respect to hikers. Been riding there since early 90s. So today it really stings. Good that you really like your pedalec. Now can we talk more about road riding?

I like road bikes also, as long as they have at least 50*584c tires and I'm on dirt... With a flatbar... And suspension...

But really why does it matter so much to you? You bring it up so often... Aren't there other forums where people who like things that requires batteries to get of high five each other?

One of our really good spots where I'm from is probably going to be closed of for all bikes now because of e bikes that couldn't slow down and show some respect to hikers. Been riding there since early 90s. So today it really stings. Good that you really like your pedalec. Now can we talk more about road riding?
What's the spot, please?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Tennants is awesome, have no idea how they get so much beery flavour in to a 4%ABV beer.
Has no lingering taste of nuts or fruit, it just tastes like a beer from the good ol' days before all the super hoppy shit became popular.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think e-bikes are perfectly suitable for the disabled. Considering his decrepit mental state and advanced age I think it is great that gary is still active. Perhaps he can convince the other ladies in his tea circle to join him.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I bet he got it for free from the NHS.

Here in Trumpland we gotta buy E-Larks out of pocket. :cray:

I think e-bikes are perfectly suitable for the disabled. his decrepit mental state and advanced age I think it is great that gary is still active. Perhaps he can convince the other ladies in his tea circle to join him.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I bet he got it for free from the NHS.
Well, yes. Of course. I picked it up when collecting my NHS specs, hair piece and nice new teeth and brought it home on the bus using my free pass.

God save the queen*

*not really