Quantcast

BOOOOOO E-BIKES

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Thanks for the details. I shipped a big battery overseas once. It was a huge pain in the ass and very expensive, via a hazardous materials outfit in town. I don’t think it’ll be easier ultimately to go through Colorado…

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Thanks for the details. I shipped a big battery overseas once. It was a huge pain in the ass and very expensive, via a hazardous materials outfit in town. I don’t think it’ll be easier ultimately to go through Colorado…
Ok, thanks. Yeah, that’s what I am learning.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The black bracket appears to bolt both to the downtube and to the silver casing of the motor.

Edit: apparently I was wrong. Tape it is.

Last edited:

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I didn't know @jonKranked was in the business

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
that is amazingly janky. just gonna bolt this big honking 2750 watt motor to the downtube of my carbon bike; what can possibly go wrong? being tethered to the bike by an umbilical power cord is just icing.

that said, they've been around for years. i guess they work & *someone* is buying these?

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
@buckoW
Is it just tape and the chain tension holding the motor in place? :s
For now yes it is. I haven’t decided yet which frame I want to put this thing on.

@vivisectxi 3750 watts btw. And straps n tape are far more janky than bolts, non?

I want to make a mount but with a tiny bit more room for the ribs on the carbon frame. If I keep it on a carbon frame then I might make the whole mount integrated and out of carbon and Kevlar. It would be very easy to vacuum bag the mounting structure on to the downtube but I feel like playing around with steel and learning to weld better. I haven’t decided yet.….

The original motor mount is for an alu Gambler frame so I need to make a different piece or just put it on an alu frame. Anyways, under excelleration the forces pull the motor into the bb and dt. The mount simply holds it in place until the next acceleration. The shock forces are in the same downward direction as the mount so plenty of meat to support the motor.

I’m making a steel front triangle for it with room for an onboard battery. I started a seat tube assembly last week. However, this frame is turning out pretty good so I’ll probably make it an enduro instead.

Tacking the bb and main pivot yesterday.

CE85F23E-7E73-4315-A40F-E1090B3D04C8.jpeg

Last edited:

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
For now yes it is
I hope it is some strong tape then. Even if it is fixed at the BB, that is still quite a bit of weight hanging off... My armchair engineering skills tell me that it might get spicy when landing jumps or drops

However, this frame is turning out pretty good so I’ll probably make it an enduro instead
that totally makes sense :pilot:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
This is cool:

Not sure if it's relevant to the above vid, but one thing I've realized with eBikes is learning new places to ride that are moto legal (ebike legal here in CO) trails, that I've never known about. Now that I have to research these types of "legal" trails, I am finding a lot of cool zones that I'd never really considered or ridden until now.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
@jstuhlman over on MTBR…

After riding mountain bikes for almost 30 years I am now considering getting a light pedal assist bike due to a newly diagnosed heart condition.

The trails I regularly ride are Sherman Branch, Fisher Farm, North Meck Park, Mezzepa and Lake Norman State Park. Does anyone know if light (class 1) pedal assist/eBikes are kosher on these trails?

I'm not trying to start a debate, just looking for some info since the laws are vague.”

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
We hide all our hills from Americans as we're afraid they'll come over and try to put STUPID rules on their use.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
I’m stirring the pot and making baseless claims that ebike haters, no longer DH, are going uphill only, stuck on 26” dinosaurs and only ride fat bikes. Can I be a hater on the haters? Like a hipster anti hater that is hating on the next hateful trend? Si vous plait?

Anyways, My e enduro bike is more capable than my modern enduro bike which is more capable than my old clapped out downhill bike. So my e enduro bike is better than a downhill bike. In conclusion, eduro IS downhill. right?

Actually, no hate. Carry on…

My friends give me a hard time that I don’t ride enduro enough and only DH. Isn’t it like the ski vs snowboard almost?

Last edited: