Quantcast

Bootes has a new bike, Percentage?

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
here are some pics of the new ride, it says Percentage on it but i've never heard and some quick research revealed nothing either
I guess he has gone in house with his sponsors and is ridin a new rig
those are some beefy beefy stays

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/apr05/seaotterDH05/?id=seaotterDH053/CM-seaotter-sunday21

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/apr05/seaotterDH05/?id=seaotterDH053/dsc_0071

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/apr05/seaotterDH05/?id=seaotterDH053/CM-seaotter-sunday20

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
punkassean said:
Bootes was racing DS on a repainted black Fuel with percentage decals, I never saw him on that hardtail?
prolly cause it wasn't a hardtail course for him but his site along with Pecentage's site say he is ridin for Percentage
along with Katrina Miller

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Right, the bike he was racing said Percentage on it but it was actually a Trek. The pics from cycling news are from Sea Otter but I never saw him at Sea otter on that hardtail bike. That was my point...

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
partsbara said:
wade looks like he s had a few cones in this one...

percentage huh ???- ozcrank ??? maybe an aussie based bunch ??...
yep an Auzzie piped on on dropmachine and said they are from New South Wales, Australia, smallish outfit, do bmx stuff too

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Wade rode a hardtail for the 4X. Every 4x racer I talked to said getting the holeshot was the most important thing up there and a hardtail would give an advantage out of the gate. Not sure if it was that specific bike but it was black and said "Percentage" in white just like that one.

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
bootes has been racing bmx lately on a percentage BMX with disc brake.

I don't care much for the e-speculation about what he was or wasn't using at a particular race. Then again i don't race.

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
That **** is whack.
Talk about small-time manufacturer, I've never heard of them and they're in the same city... and the website is terrible.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
CreeP said:
bootes has been racing bmx lately on a percentage BMX with disc brake.

I don't care much for the e-speculation about what he was or wasn't using at a particular race. Then again i don't race.
It's not really "e-speculation" when I saw it in person now is it? Same goes for OG with his comments about the 4X, he was there. It's also not about who cares about what, It's about facts. :nuts:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
skatetokil said:
Does it look to anyone else in that second picture like he is running like 4 identical cogs on the back there? WTF?
maybe because you have to have at least 3 gears to race NORBA?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
mobius said:
How does one go from trek to some no name brand. oh yeah nevermind :p
It happens when Zap makes the team calls and is not a big Wade fan, throw in the drug suspension and he was off trek quicker than money out of my bank account when I got my moto.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
stiksandstones said:
It happens when Zap makes the team calls and is not a big Wade fan, throw in the drug suspension and he was off trek quicker than money out of my bank account when I got my moto.
Trek has gone small time in a big way this year......maybe because it is an off olympic year or is it that Zap still has nitemares when he tried to race DH.............

Wonder how long they're going to be paying Armstrong even though he is retiring.........10 more years....?

I always hated Trek.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Cant Climb said:
Trek has gone small time in a big way this year......maybe because it is an off olympic year or is it that Zap still has nitemares when he tried to race DH.............

Wonder how long they're going to be paying Armstrong even though he is retiring.........10 more years....?

I always hated Trek.
Ditto on the trek dislike....I dont think they will continue to pay lance, ala a ned overend kinda thing. Because he is not as involved as someone like Ned is with specialized.

Zap having nightmares...HAHAHA