Quantcast

bootleg canyon

HBFR33R!D3

Monkey
Jun 5, 2007
huntington beach
i'm goin to Vegas this weekend for my moms friends wedding and i just found out about bootleg canyon, which is just about the only thing that sounds fun for me to do there since i'm a minor, so what are the most fun trails for an intermediate rider? also are the single black diamonds very hard?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Dont be a *BLEEEEEEEEEEEP* and just ride it! You can always slide down if your over your head.
Dont hike after the shuttle, on the left is 2 runs that are great for warm ups. They are considered advanced XC so its a good place to get your feet wet then hike to the top grab handle and go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bootleg isnt that bad, its rugged but fun.

What's your style of riding and what kind of bike are you on. The trail bullcrew talks about is called girlscout. Super fun and a great warm up. Try to hook up with some locals so you wont be intimidated by the terrain. Trust your bike and fear nothing!:rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout:

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
It's not as "gnar" as everyone makes it out to be. Yes, there are hard trails, but everything is completely doable. Slow down, keep an eye ahead of you and you'll be fine. Oh, some of the trails are a bit exposed, so don't be surprised.

HBFR33R!D3

Monkey
Jun 5, 2007
huntington beach
i'm renting a bike from all mountain cyclery since i dont own a fully, the website says they rent demos so i think thats what im riding, you have to hike to the top to ride the downhill trails?

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
On weekends they run a shuttle. From the shuttle drop off you hike 8 minutes to the top. That's where the dh trails start from.
I would suggest for your 1st run to take either Skyline or Boyscout (no hiking required as you start right from where the shuttle drops you off).
Either of those trails will give you an idea what the trails are like.
If you are around on a weekday you should consider renting an Enduro and ride the x-c trails.
www.bootlegcanyon.org will show a trail map with both the dh and the x-c trails.
See ya at the canyon