Quantcast

Bootleg

GNU

Chimp
Jan 22, 2005
CA
Going to bootleg in february. any recommendations on any good DH trails and some stuff i should change on my bike. ironhorse sgs dh pro

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
I would have to diagree and say to bring your best rims. That is probably one of the last places you want to have a catastrophic wheel failure. Do not make Ginger your last run of the day. Do it when you are still fresh otherwise you are asking for trouble. The line for the drop at the end of love canal is to the left. Some just wheelie drop it but the landing is flat and it is not too fun. Bring armor bacause if you crash you are going to land on jagged rocks. Here is a pic of part of Ginger. Not a fun place to crash. Do not stop on Ginger. You stop and you will have a hard time getting moving again.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I ran tubeless and had ZERO problems however I saw a kazillion others deal with flat issues. I ran close to 40 psi in the rear and around 30 psi in the front and had way more traction than I'm used to. The Armageddon section is awesome, as well as Snakeback all the way to the bottom, but Reaper all the way down at full speed is a blast. The Gap on Ona Lee is the funnest gap I've ever hit. When you crest the hill leading into it, just pedal and don't touch your brakes, you'll have no problems hitting it. Try the Love Canal at full speed. If you get it right, its like you're on rails.