Quantcast

Boozeday

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Damn, I think the temperature went up over night. Humidity sitting at a nice 81% too.

Didn't get much sleep thanks to the cat. I'm ready for a nap.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Up at 4:00 for some godawful reason. Listed my wife’s Cannondale in a bunch of places, already got bids on E-Bay, but buyers from South Korea and the like...ain’t got time fo dat
You can sleep when you're dead.

And those damned overseas ebay buyers can suck a filthy, used breathing mask. They are nothing but trouble.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
So set up your auction to not allow international sales and quit whining. :)
Yeah, yeah. It's here https://www.ebay.com/prf/GspPreference

The problem is ebay automagically enabled that on my account after I had specifically disabled international buyers previously. ebay can puff a crusty choad, I'm not selling there ever again. Not that I was using it to sell in the last few years anyway. The fees are ridiculous and god help you if you actually want to contact a living person. I have a much better time selling on forums. Not here though cause you guys will buy it to sniff the seat.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Up at 4:00 for some godawful reason. Listed my wife’s Cannondale in a bunch of places, already got bids on E-Bay, but buyers from South Korea and the like...ain’t got time fo dat
Post a pic.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
supposed to hit over 100 for the next 3 days Fuck Uniforms. Cool max tees and shorts is all I will be sporting.

Broke a sprinkler riser pipe. Dug it up the morning. Of course it a mid line Tee and the riser threads are glued in. going to have to cut out the Tee and splice in a new one. What a pain in the ass.

Espresso then off to work

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Happy Montuesday. So the wife and all 3 dogs decided to check out the lake property. Just before we get into town, Hank gets sick. Then we are looking for "#2500" and all the addresses are in the 70k range. WTF. So we bail, and as we are leaving the lake, Indy blows chunks. Epic fail.

Get home, get settled, Abby tosses chunks in the kitchen. 3-3, great success. :rofl:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
6 days off was not enough either FWIW. Went shooting, rode my bike, cooked a brisket and swam. Ate out at a restaurant again, so that was kind of nice. Stuff is starting to open up again around here.
The wife and I have been getting things to go from local joints, but I am not feeling a sit down experience with a mask. It seems like more effort than it's worth.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hello Monkeys. Somewhat tired from riding yesterday, went to bed early and slept for 10 hours. Might take a nap or two today if I can find the time.

Also - I have sold a lot of items to South Korea, China and Japan - only had one issue for $75.00 and eBay took care of it since it was their error. The international shipping program has worked out well for me. Japanese buyers are the most polite, South Korea and China make the highest offers. If I could block any region it would be Florida - always trying to get reduced shipping and never understanding that Montana is almost Canada in terms of cost.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Also - I have sold a lot of items to South Korea, China and Japan - only had one issue for $75.00 and eBay took care of it since it was their error. The international shipping program has worked out well for me. Japanese buyers are the most polite, South Korea and China make the highest offers. If I could block any region it would be Florida - always trying to get reduced shipping and never understanding that Montana is almost Canada in terms of cost.
Funny, I purchased an LP from Japan a few weeks ago. They wouldn't allow the seller to ship internationally and he was so kind and quickly returned my money. No issues but SUPER SUPER nice.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Got an 8 mile mtn bike ride with my daughter yesterday. It was so nice but it further convinced me I need a new bike.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I don’t really mind shipping smaller/lower value items abroad, but a (previously) expensive bike? Too much to go wrong at an extraordinary shipping cost, IMO. Expensive to adequately insure against any eventuality.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I’ve sold bikes to Europe several times. Use Bike Flights for reasonable insured freight, get pre payment and let’r rip. Just avoid EB, PP and any other platform that meddles with transactions.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yo!

Gonna be hot outside, but I guess that's of little consequence owing to my working inside on a computer. Perhaps I'll assemble the 12 ton press the FIL bought this morning and attempt to rebuild the PTO pump we pulled out of the tractor last week.

Got an 8 mile mtn bike ride with my daughter yesterday. It was so nice but it further convinced me I need a new bike.
Not sure how current your ride is, but things have progressed quite a bit over the last 5 years. I've been riding my old school hardtail for the past month while my current's era big bike is down, and you'll appreciate the drivetrain advances.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Yo!
Not sure how current your ride is, but things have progressed quite a bit over the last 5 years. I've been riding my old school hardtail for the past month while my current's era big bike is down, and you'll appreciate the drivetrain advances.
See my post above about the bike I'm considering.

My current ride is a 2006'ish Ironhorse MKIII. I changed it to a 1x10 drive-train with an SGS rear derailleur which worked well until my chain broke and I rode it to short and bent the cage.

Last edited: