Quantcast

bored with a can of paint....

cranberry

Monkey
Dec 30, 2005
Waaaay out there
My coffee shop bike. The whole "theme" with this thing was a 50's Rat rod. Well, I was bored today and found a can of "safety red" paint in my garage. I got out the masking tape and went to work. I think it came out pretty well. It should look a little better when I scrap the current grips and replace them with some tan leather bar wrap. BTW...being shot in the shade doesnt show how bright this red really is.

And yes, the jockey shift actually works the three speed nexus hub.

cranberry

Monkey
Dec 30, 2005
Waaaay out there
Yea man, I fabbed it from spares. It's an old Shimano road bike shifter mounted to the frame then mated via cable to a Stormy Archer actuator. The tubing is 1/2 alum. from Home Depot and the piston on top is from a CNC program I wrote in Engineering school.
BTW...the frame and tripple tree are Kona Bikehotrod. I also fabbed the forklegs. The original owner of the frame used the original legs on a Firebikes custom chopper he built.

Last edited:

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Wow Cranberry that is sick! I love the suicide shifter (thats what I have always called it). Tomorrow we're gonna hit up some classic Wilsons in lew of Necker being back, and Demo and Kenen are coming out to join us for their first Wilsons ride in awhile. I heard good things about the one your hitting, and Ive only ridden it once but its a long drive to shuttle one trail, I wanna be ON the bike for a few hours atleast tomorrow. Have fun though an we will hook up soon.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Oh yeah, C-berry, I have a pretty sweet street cruiser myself(well I can use it whenever I want) if ya ever wanna hit up downtown or sumtin?