Quantcast

boredom, a scrap pressure suit & a dremel, oh, and some beer

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
and I have a shock fender guard thingy. I took the forearm plastic piece off of a pressure suit that I had destroyed, dremeled some off the wide end, drilled some holes in it and zip tied it to the swingarm. Took it out for a test today, and it holds up, although it tends to keep leaves on the tire more than before, so I may only put it on for muddy runs.:thumb:

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
yeah, it's a proto bike and rather than put an expensive powdercoat finish and stainless fasteners on this one just to test function, we bypassed that, next frame will have stainless grade 8 bolts and the frame will be either ano or powdercoated

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
mcA896 said:
did you make that bike? no offense, but i see some ugly-ass welds.
You should take some time to read the thread.

Pretty cool, i've seen fenders made out of assorted nonsense, but never a peice of armor haha.:D

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
well cooter, mad props to you!:p

edit: your website does not work. And, i did read the thread skookum, i didnt understand the proto part the first time through though.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
loco said:
I like it Cooter. What happened to the big hit???

I'm running these proto's for a friend of mine to help him out with his bike co. that he's getting off the ground

I traded the big hit for 3 crack rocks, 2 vials of black tar hoo-ron, and nine nor-cal pinkie sized doobs:D :thumb:

J

JRB

Cooter Brown said:
I'm running these proto's for a friend of mine to help him out with his bike co. that he's getting off the ground

I traded the big hit for 3 crack rocks, 2 vials of black tar hoo-ron, and nine nor-cal pinkie sized doobs:D :thumb:
I don't know what the one in the middle is, but I hope you didn't wake up next to Bikerfox after all of that.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
It'd be cooler if you did. Drugs are cool. Don't forget that kids. No matter what anyone says, drugs are cool. Why else would rock stars take them?

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
Changleen said:
It'd be cooler if you did. Drugs are cool. Don't forget that kids. No matter what anyone says, drugs are cool. Why else would rock stars take them?
but ONLY the drugs that the state tells you are good...cough cough ridlin
all the OTHER drugs are bad

edit:
cool fender, definitely minimalist

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
next question what hill do you downhill on in oklahoma?
that is a trick fender looks like the one on a v-10 but you don't get stuck with the v-10 just to get the cool fender I already made my own out of a shingaurd, did I mention thats a cool fender and works cool too

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Wow, I have to say that is one of the ugliest bikes I have ever seen. The welds are awful, the tubes are obviously cheap crap, and one of the stays is cracked clean though. The design of the back end virtually gauranteed it would break there since a very large amount of vertical load is transfered through that little brace... there's just really nothing good about it. That and with the design of the front end it must weigh a **** ton. I know your friend made it not you, you must be some friend to risk your life on that piece.