Quantcast

Borrow Roadbike for Sprint Tri SD area?

UCSBrian

Chimp
Mar 11, 2002
seattle
Hey, all. I know this is a long shot but i figured id give it a whirl.

I am running in some sprint triathlon this weekend. The weekend of the 31. Specifically that sunday. I have a mountain bike i can ride. But i figure itd be much nicer to run the nine mile cycling section on a roadbike.

Heres what I am asking. I was wondering if any local monkeys, I live in the UTC/lajolla area, would be willing to lend me a roadbike for either that weekend, or this week, so i can adjust to it. Im not looking for anything high quality here. I just need a bike that would do better than my giant ac1 with road tires.

I know i may not know alot of people on this bulletin board, but the people i do know will vouch for my honesty. Atleast i hope they will, 'zark' 'mtbikerfruit' 'Blong', have all met me. I am not trying to scam anyone. Who am I? I am a grad student at UCSD in the MAE department studying fluid dynamics. Did most of my riding during my undergrad years at UCSB with the SB crew.

I of course, would be willing to buy the loanee a 12 pack of beers for the trouble.

I am 5'11" I dont really even know what that means in terms of sizing.

If anyone can help, i would really appreciate it.

Brian Chinn

UCSBrian

Chimp
Mar 11, 2002
seattle
thanks for the offer, but i am not really prepared to purchase a road bike on such short notice. I would really need more time. I am merely looking to borrow someones.

Looks like imma run it on the ac1. Go street tires go!

Later all
brian