Quantcast

BOS engineering suspension's DH07 rear shock

poonstar

Monkey
Jan 6, 2008

BOS engineering suspension's DH07 rear shock is being released for purchase in the UK (here's a rough translation of the specs)

Specs :
- High and low speed compression settings.
- Efficient settings ! At BOS one click equals... something happens. The setting range is thus really wide.
- Each damper is delivered with a specific internal setting, calculated for the bike's linkage. We also advise on the stabndard setting for the bike, as well as the spring rate according to the rider's weight, the bike's linkage and the shock damping.
- Each shocks goes to the dynometer prior to be shipped in order to check the damping curves.
- Our shock uses more hydraulic charge than most of the others. In this case, more hydraulic means very often less spring. That's the reason why we frequently provide softer springs with our shock.
- Speaking about springs : our range stars at 250 and goes until 400, by 25 steps.

no idea on the price as of yet...

That rear shock looks awesome...wonder if it will fit my Sunday Factory lol...

poonstar

Monkey
Jan 6, 2008
This DH07 has been testing on Fabien's WC bike for the last year. But I don't think it was really "officially released for sale" But from what I got off their website and contact they are taking orders for specific applications like Cane Creek. This shock will be expensive considering a 888 Bos Tuning kit is 600 euros (ouch)! It wouldnt suprise me if it was the same price as the Cane Creek Ti-spring DB. They are suppose to have alot of offerings for spring weights...however, there is no mention of a ti-spring offering.

poonstar

Monkey
Jan 6, 2008
So here is some new information about the "new version" DH07 shock which BOS engineering was kind enough to send me as an FYI

"The new version of our shock will be available mid february. It will
change on a few details : the design of the piggyback will differ
from the DH 07. Which is a good news for you, as the former one did
not fit on the Sunday. Hopefully, with a shorter (but bigger) tank,
it will fit better.

We are currently checking for a distributor in north america, and
are close to make the deal. Anyway, if we still have no distributor,
you will be able to order directly in february. The retail price in
France will be 670 euros."

WOW! 670 euros....thats roughly $993.14 USD or $1,009.16 CAD

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
WOW! 670 euros....thats roughly $993.14 USD or $1,009.16 CAD
Thats a bloody expensive.

If i was in the states i would be getting an avy, or sending my 5th or swinger to craig to get the avy tune. From what has been describded there appears to be no difference.

Everyone always ribs on the avy, but its funny how the stable platform fad has come and gone and everyone is moving back to moto style shocks and saying they are the best thing ever.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
dollar has been weak since 01, and its only getting weaker......so don't expect the price to change anytime soon....
unless you consider the dollar has followed a 7 year cycle for the past few decades, a trend that predicts it is scheduled to go back up in relation to other currency. of course that was before mortgage lenders stuck their heads up their arses:disgust:

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
the dollar weakening is a bummer now more than ever because there is some really cool stuff coming from europe:
-Lapierre
-Sunn
-This shock

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Is lapierre coming to us? How come?
Zhendo you've got to think also about existing companies like orange, commencal or nicolai. But pretty much you've still in the better position than we euro's as we still got crappy prices (well they were comparable when dollar was close to euro but still you've had better sales on bikes)

ozzemale

Chimp
May 3, 2004
sydney
Thats a bloody expensive.

If i was in the states i would be getting an avy, or sending my 5th or swinger to craig to get the avy tune. From what has been describded there appears to be no difference.

Everyone always ribs on the avy, but its funny how the stable platform fad has come and gone and everyone is moving back to moto style shocks and saying they are the best thing ever.
if only you knew what you were talking about concerning the bos shock you would have a different opinion. I ll lend you mine and you ll be blown away my man.

nicho