Quantcast

BOS fork on its way (inc pic)

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
well, proto or not, your brake caliper is in pretty much the same position on the other side.

i have been joking with a friend that bos should do an organ trade in program. your organs for their suspension.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Ah but if you stack bikes "nose to tail" on an uplift truck your brake caliper is out of the way of other people's cassettes, not so this reservoir ;-)

(that said no reason it should be any more delicate than my boxxer lower legs, and they survive just fine)

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
true, i almost cried after my first uplift here. and it was at the bringewood 24hr uplift.

and the beginning of the uplift i was wondering why so many people had their nice forks all wrapped up coz it looked so ugly. :bonk:

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Haha :) I'm well past caring about any scratches etc on my bike. I always worry about shifters & hoses/cables getting ripped off though.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
i dont care about my bike too, but just the shear damage sustained over 24hrs got to me.

it was on the second day of the uplift where i saw the damage and went: WTF happened to my bike!!!?? hahah. the awesome riding softened the blow tho.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Its positioning cant be any worse than the white bros. forks or 40 fork penis. Itll probably be fine until you shuttle.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
yes, presidents are directly responsible for the economic happenings in america. I know I didn't go out and buy that car i wanted because he's president.

anyway, economics and politics aside, looks like the kind of thing that if you take 20 seconds extra to protect it in shuttles its gonna be fine, but if you forget to do that just once then you could be screwed, wonder how its gonna pan out

aside from that, fork looks savage - i wonder what the AC height on that is, it looks crazy low

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA

best post ever!!!....hahahahahahaha......couldn't have found a better picture of him either......sh:t eating grin on his face....hahahaha

edit: i just noticed that he stabbed his american flag pin through his suit about 3/4" away from the slash where you are SUPPOSED to attach a pin....."ah well, fock it....tax payer's dollars".....how can this guy run a country when he doesn't even know how to put a pin on his suit??????

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
theres no way.

morewood next year is doin there new framesets (the proto ones with the 10.5 shock) with bos front and rear for 5k (us dollars)

and yes ive heard from reliable sources
must be a typo then on tftuned site...:brow:

-C-

Monkey
May 27, 2007
must be a typo then on tftuned site...:brow:
Not really, bear in mind the dollar is pretty poor in global economy right now, at $2 to £1.

The UK RRP on a Fox 40 is £1200, thats currently $2400 US!

I should imagine it will be slightly more than the retail on a Fox 40, as thats what it is UK price.

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
Not really, bear in mind the dollar is pretty poor in global economy right now, at $2 to £1.

The UK RRP on a Fox 40 is £1200, thats currently $2400 US!

I should imagine it will be slightly more than the retail on a Fox 40, as thats what it is UK price.
very good point

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
theres no way.

morewood next year is doin there new framesets (the proto ones with the 10.5 shock) with bos front and rear for 5k (us dollars)

and yes ive heard from reliable sources
Morewood bikes will probably be with the oem fork. It's not air but coil and has no external resi. Will be available after the season if I'm not wrong.

The prices for the rear are not that bad around here(well it's still sucks for the us as your price for the CCDB with ti spring is much cheaper than stoy with steel :P) so I hope the cheaper front will be same

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Your president is such a looser.
I love what he has done to your dollar though, we are almost 1 to 1 now.

The FED is not the president They effect rates, and thus inflation, deflation, stagflation, ect. and ultimatly the dollar. Although spending like an idiot (BIG GOVERNMENT) when he should have been cutting makes paying the debt down a little harder.

But that fork is sick.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
nor the american people. We've been deficit spending and buying non-US products. ultimately we have ourselves to blame - the government has been helping facilitate it, but were at fault.

plus, we elected them

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I like the way us ppl elect. It makes it easy to buy cheap parts :P Recently ordered a pair of tires for 1/6 of the local price ;)