Quantcast

Bos Idylle Rare Adjustment range?

richgardiner

Monkey
Aug 19, 2008
Ive got some Idylles and I set them up a tiny bit different to as they were out of the box and left them in those settings all summer. Now I have a new bike and I quite fancy playing around with them a bit.
Does anyone know the number of clicks of HSC/LSC and rebound it has? I dont want to undo the adjusters too much from closed or they will pop off and fall out! (have heard a few nightmare stories about this happening)
Cheers
Rich

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
cant remember but i think its mentioned in the manual which is available on the boss website.

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
I don't remember the H/L Speed Comp, but I'm pretty sure that the rebound has 30 clicks total.

richgardiner

Monkey
Aug 19, 2008
The manual only tells you how to get to the stock settings, which is like 15 clicks out from fully closed on hsc, rebound and 13 for lsc. Not to mention they have it the wrong way around when it comes to which way you're supposed to turn the adjusters - according to them fully closed is fully anticlockwise! err I think not!

jonnymbx5

Chimp
Sep 16, 2011
My Idylle Rare have 27 clicks on the HSC/LSC and the adjusters do not pop off and fall out if you turn them out too much from closed, i have never heard anything about it on any fork :S

ED75

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
France
Not to mention they have it the wrong way around when it comes to which way you're supposed to turn the adjusters - according to them fully closed is fully anticlockwise! err I think not!
:eek: In fact, I just had a look at their pdf ... the problem is they had a bad translation, it's ok in French.
So you're right, fully closed is fully clockwise for sure !!!!

I dont want to undo the adjusters too much from closed or they will pop off and fall out! (have heard a few nightmare stories about this happening)
CheersRich
:nopity::blah::blah::blah:
You're just totally wrong saying this ! Just be light on it, as with any other brand.