Quantcast

Boston area riding and racing

andres611

Chimp
Jun 28, 2007
I am considering a move to the East coast. I don't really want to leave the west coast riding but I guess some sacrifices have to be made for the wife.

Anyway, how is the riding in the Boston area and surroundings? I am an all-mountain rider.

What about racing. I just started racing here in WA and really like it, so would definitely like to keep it up.

One last thing, what about areas to live. We would definitely like to live close to the action, like downtown. We are in our mid 20's so don't want to be out in the 'burbs surrounded by kids.

DORO

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
north boston has great trail systems. Lynn woods, beverly, fells, harold parker. you wont be disappointed. Melrose is good spot and easy commute in and out of the city.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
plenty of places to ride. harold parker, lynn woods, fells, dogtown in gloucester, B&T's, vietnam, otis. go to nemba.org for a list and review of all new england riding.

as to where to live.... if you want to live in Boston itself, you got the north or south end. cambridge, allston/brighton, arlington, somerville, jamaica plain, south boston, hyde park. those are within 5-7 miles of downtown boston. so you won't be in the burbs but close enough to the city. hope this helps