Quantcast

Boston Marathon

splat

Nam I am
Today is Marathon Monday here in Mass. and the Boston Marathon Starts in Hopkinton and that is the next town over from me.

So we pedalled on over , my Wife on her road Bike , Peter on His Mt Bike and Jessica and I on the Tandem.

We found a Nice spot a little over a Mile from the start.

Our timing was great we got there about 11:25.
and the Wheelchairs went off at 11:30

and there were several of the hand crank models out there .

Then they sent the Competitive Women Off about 5 minutes later ( this is the first time I can recall them doing this )

then there was a Small Break and my Daugher had to go to the Bathroom, There were some Port a pottys up the road about 1/2 mile , so My wife took my daughter ( who took Peters bike ) and here they are coming back

the Competitive Men

Next Came the Hordes Of People !!!!

and on ward to Boston!

and My son was having a great time cheering on the runner by giving them "5" as they went past . ( he claims he had over 300 People , 300 out of 25000 not bad )

And 2 marines Doing it with FULL Pack.

after all the people had run past us ( which took over 45 Minutes after the Hordes of people started running ) we got on our bike and road back home with plenty of time to see the winners on TV, and our Whole ride 12.6 miles

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
splat said:
and My son was having a great time cheering on the runner by giving them "5" as they went past . ( he claims he had over 300 People , 300 out of 25000 not bad )

Did he get her phone number? Not for me, of course ... for um douglas. :sneaky:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Nice Splat. When I lived in Waltham, we used to head into the city to see the finish of the race. And to party of course! :)

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Very cool. One of my co-workers (and fellow mountainbiker) went up to watch his two sons run. It was the 12th marathon for the older son and only the 2nd for the younger. I think he told me the older son finished 177th last year - not bad.

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
My neighbor placed 48th overall. 5th master. 1st American master.

He's crazy fast. I'm dissapointed I missed the race, being in the Marines doesn't really allow me to go home to watch it very much.