Quantcast

boston terrier

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I'm thinking about getting another dog and I keep hearing that boston terriers are good with kids, don't shed, obedient (for a little dog), etc. I saw a pic a while back on a good search of a solid brindle colored one. Anybody else ever seen one this color?

Feb 23, 2005
Spokanada
Great dogs! One of my favorites next to the pug.

They are a short haired breed and they do shed, just the hairs are very fine.

You will find them in black, brown, silver, and brendle.

Awsome temperment, kind of a mix between a pug and a terrier.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
For a while I too wanted a boston terrier.

Get a French Bulldog as far as I know they are more calm than a boston terrier.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
my friend at my Lbs has one and he brings her to work with him .she's a great dog and she seems to be calm. there's an ad in the newest issue of decline magazine were 1 guy is holding a boston terrier up and the other guy has a pie and the ad reads subscribe to decline or the dog gets it.my friends boston terrier is identical to that one in the ad i tell him his dog is famous she's in decline.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My neighbor has one. It comes over to play with my dog. It seems smart enough to wander around while avoiding the roads. It seems really well behaved but it doesn' seem to like strangers. It will not let anyone other than the owners any where near it.

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
They fart a lot as well, my buddies is named Herbie and he can clear a room pretty quick. Super fun dog but tons of energy....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
For a while I too wanted a boston terrier.

Get a French Bulldog as far as I know they are more calm than a boston terrier.

Stosh would be correct. They are also on the expensive end of the small dog spectrum as far as prices go.

A friend had one that recently passed away. Great dog. Sometimes on the hyper side, but mellowed with age.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
this is what I'm dealing with now.

He's really good with my son but hates others. He goes totally spastic when other people come over to the house. when I say spastic, I mean pissing in the floor, yelping, biting, etc. He's scared sh!tless of my son though. He's getting old, around 10ish I'd say. I need a dog a little more mellow and better with people. Pretty much got my mind set on a BT, just gotta make it happen...