Quantcast

bottle cage mount mini pumps?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have three Topeak Mountain TT’s, they are small but mighty.
They have GIRTH, if you know what I am saying.
Higher end models come with a rudimentary gauge.
Couldn’t be happier.

https://www.topeak.com/global/en/products/mini-pumps/1144-mountain-tt-g
i saw some crank bros ones come with built in gauges, but reviews seem mixed. i wouldn't expect the same kind of accuracy from a gauge on a portable pump i would on a floor pump, but it would be nice to know what ballpark i'm in.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i'm intrigued by the oneup pump, actually . . . i like that it doesn't screw on like the lezynes do . . . I've seen the lezynes back out valve cores too many times to totally trust them anymore. would be interesting to see a chart with air volume moved for a cross section of pumps like these . . .

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
would be interesting to see a chart with air volume moved for a cross section of pumps like these . . .
for us nerds that's a nice objective comparison, but most reviews i've seen go by number of strokes to inflate a given tire to a certain pressure, or conversely what pressure they would achieve on a given tire after a set number of strokes.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have a blackburn or something that I put in MY PACK

MY BACK PACK

sheesh
back pack = kill list.

i have a blackburn mini pump kicking around somewhere, but its old and janky too. or maybe i'm using the blackburn and have a topeak? either way they're both hella old.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
it's in the garage now, come on, keep up!

Now I'm shopping for fanny packs. Can't decide whether I want neon yellow that says "PARTY" in pink letters, or a Marlboro one from the 90s with a built in cigarrette pack holder.

Also, don't buy a black burn....I've bent two valve cores using the stupid thing.