Quantcast

Bottle Rocket testing pics

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
Went riding with James on friday, and he was nice enough to shot some pictures of me, and more importantly the new bike. any way let me know what you think.

my girl in action

Michael

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Hahaha - I was going to say that you were looking a little too serious in a couple of the pics in your first post. I got to see that sicktaceous rig in person last week and you probably shouldn't leave it unattended if I'm around.

The two pics next to last in the first post are especially sick. I like how you set those up, James!

Sep 8, 2004
It was good times for sure. I'll have to spend some more time behind the camera so I can get my game back... I've been spending all my time on the bike these days!

-James.

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
Hey, I'm thinking of replacing my Marzocchi 66RC2X with that fork on my Bottle Rocket to lose a couple pounds. How does it handle?

I have beaten the crap out of my 06 talas RC2 and I have to say I love it to death, its plush, its stiff, and it light.

as far as the bike goes, it rides well except for the swinger in the rear, my 08 DHX 5.0 should be in soon though! still geting used to the steeper headangle and the shorter wheel base but it rides nice. as of right now i still liked my Preston better, the bottle rocket feels either to stiff or too plush depending on how i set it up. hopfully the DHX will cure this. It does pedal like mad though. and the offical weight with the new tires is 37.2lbs. Im shooting for 36 with the DHX, a ti coil and atlas cranks to replace the diablos.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
as far as the bike goes, it rides well except for the swinger in the rear, my 08 DHX 5.0 should be in soon though! still geting used to the steeper headangle and the shorter wheel base but it rides nice. as of right now i still liked my Preston better, the bottle rocket feels either to stiff or too plush depending on how i set it up. hopfully the DHX will cure this. It does pedal like mad though. and the offical weight with the new tires is 37.2lbs. Im shooting for 36 with the DHX, a ti coil and atlas cranks to replace the diablos.
the inside word is a van R on the back. Simple, responsive, no platform crap, and hassle free. I will be testing one this next week and possibly a trip to the 'loops on it. I'll let ya know how it feels.

Kyle,

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
I thought about a Van R but I trail ride my bike about as much as a jump it so the platform is great. so im really thinking a dhx or roco if i can get it. but my romic on my preston was a lot like the Van simple active and plush, but it pedaled like poo.

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
thank you kyle! you have to fight for your right as forum whore, neil has no idea what hes talking about anyway. Dont either of you have any thing better to be doing?