Quantcast

bottom bracket advice

noun

Chimp
Jan 16, 2011
ayr scotland
i have a brand new jawbone chapter 3 frame with a 68mm bb shell which is threaded at both ends looking to go with deity or gusset parts .stuck on what bottom bracket i need do i get a euro? american fitment??? advice please,

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
My earlier post referred only to the frame/bb cup interface. The spindle and BB cups need to be compatibleas well. Most steel bmx style cranks have a 19mm spindle. This varies though. Buy the cranks and BB as a set to be sure.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
My earlier post referred only to the frame/bb cup interface. The spindle and BB cups need to be compatibleas well. Most steel bmx style cranks have a 19mm spindle. This varies though. Buy the cranks and BB as a set to be sure.
truth

noun

Chimp
Jan 16, 2011
ayr scotland
i,ve and ordered the deity euro bb. no spindle yet though they do a steel one its 19mm but it comes in two lengths 153mm and a 165mm they say its preference but i,ve heard people mention rattle and wobble in the cranks so i,m stuck on that too

martin

Chimp
Mar 22, 2010
southern cali
i,ve and ordered the deity euro bb. no spindle yet though they do a steel one its 19mm but it comes in two lengths 153mm and a 165mm they say its preference but i,ve heard people mention rattle and wobble in the cranks so i,m stuck on that too

I believe the one you need is 153mm (for a 68mm shell). According to Profile's website. I'm currently looking into getting a full Profile set for my euro shell also.

I haven't heard anything on wobbles. I read that the splines/spindle should go at least half way to about 3/4 of the way into the crank arm. Then you tighten via crank bolt.

Maybe whoever said they experienced wobbles had long crank arms and had to space them out far enough to clear the chainstay. In turn not getting enough 'bite' on their crank arms.

Here's a link to Profile's spindles (if it helps at all).
http://profileracing.com/profileracing/estore/product.php?productId=70&categoryId=20

Last edited: