Quantcast

bottom bracket axel problems. . . deity

noun

Chimp
Jan 16, 2011
ayr scotland
got frame, got bb in correct size which is now fitted, but the axel comes out a little extra on the drive side about an inch more than the other side. is this normal ? its a deity euro bb on a jump frame.:think:

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
Sounds like he means the spindle. And you'll need more space on the drive side for when you add your crank/sprocket. But if your spindle is too long, you're gonna have to eat up some of that space with washers until you have the correct length spindle.

mattt

Monkey
Jul 21, 2009
texas
The 19mm 48 spline is a common one that comes in 5 5/8 and 6 inch sizes. Looks like you've got a six where you could have the 5 5/8"

you'll want the spindle length even on both sides. if its tough to push through for some reason tap it with a hammer.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
The 19mm 48 spline is a common one that comes in 5 5/8 and 6 inch sizes. Looks like you've got a six where you could have the 5 5/8"

you'll want the spindle length even on both sides. if its tough to push through for some reason tap it with a hammer.
rubber mallet*** ;)

noun

Chimp
Jan 16, 2011
ayr scotland
oh well bit of a novice eh! aint that what forums are for??? anyway wont it **** the bearings and threads taking a mallet to it? its actully the smaller spindle i got cos the longer one was for the longer bb shell. ive taken it apart twice and it just ends up the same each time, pics are on my profile if you wanna have a look? cheers

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
Use a rubber mallet to tap the spindle on the drive side to make it even with the non drive side. Maybe I'm missing something but it shouldnt be too hard. I hope that spindle will be long enough for your setup.

noun

Chimp
Jan 16, 2011
ayr scotland
thats it even on both sides now nice 1. should be a single speed set up once its finished ive tried a big 44t sprocket on front for size an it gives me 12 to 15mm for the crank arms thats including spacers

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
this should be your bike setup

----(bottom bracket)-l--

as if you were sittin on the bike with a right side drive setup

noun

Chimp
Jan 16, 2011
ayr scotland
na thats it on an sorted just lookin for cranks an ss set up now. also noticed bike shops selling halo sas wheels with shimano hubs instead of all halo. will there be a massive difference in ride or durability??