Quantcast

bottom bracket for dirt jumping

MTBKR415

Chimp
Jun 18, 2008
right behind you...
Guys my Bottom bracket on my p1 creaks really loud when I pedal hard up hills and stuff. Does This mean I need a new cartridge??

I've never worked on a BB before and could really use some help.

Thanks for all the help!

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Take it apart, and inspect it thoroughly. If the bearings are rough, you can re pack them with grease if you pry up the seals on them. If they are really rough, or the spindle is bent, or anything else major is wrong, you'll need to start replacing stuff.
Make sure your crank arms are tight, you could try cleaning them up first, pull them off and then see how the spindle is turning. If it's smooth, maybe it's just your crank arms creaking.

Last edited:

MTBKR415

Chimp
Jun 18, 2008
right behind you...
Take it apart, and inspect it thoroughly. If the bearings are rough, you can re pack them with grease if you pry up the seals on them. If they are really rough, or the spindle is bent, or anything else major is wrong, you'll need to start replacing stuff.
Make sure your crank arms are tight, you could try cleaning them up first, pull them off and then see how the spindle is turning. If it's smooth, maybe it's just your crank arms creaking.

Thanks so much for the info! I need to get a bottombracket wrench then! Where can I get one for a decent price??