Quantcast

Bought a Demo 8 Frameset. Need some help putting it together!

TechnikSLR

Chimp
Jun 15, 2012
Like the title says, I bought a 2013 Demo 8 Frameset. Its beautiful and I cant wait to ride it. But before I can ride it I have a couple pieces I need to buy and just want to get some confirmation before I plop down the cash for the miscellaneous stuff.

1) PF30
I have a set of LG1+ cranks, and the frame is PF30, so I assume I just need the e.13 PF30 cups and Im all set? E.13 is sold out so I have to get them elsewhere. Are they all the same? Do I need MTB specific ones?
An example being these from Universal ( http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=48116&category=268 )
Are they the same as the ones e.13 sells even though they have different names?
http://store.bythehive.com/BB-PF-30-K-PF-30-adapters-bearings-adapts-the-TRC-SSK-ADK-crankset-to-a-PF-30-frame

2) Cable housing
I have a Saint derailer and shifter, but the cable housing is cut for my current frame. Is all cable housing the same size? Can I just buy the Jagwire Hyper Cable and Housing Kit and just use the casing? Or should I replace the cable too?

I think thats all for now...

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
I'll answer number 2 first because it is easy. Replace the cables and housing. Building a new bike with old cables or housing is a bit like taking a shower and putting on dirty underwear. Yes, the housing is a different length but you wouldn't want to do it anyway.

As for number one, call e13. I don't think they are the same based on the shoulder width but I would get an answer straight from the source. There is also the obvious difference with the sleeve. I drill drain holes in all my bottom bracket shells so I wouldn't really care but you might.

Last edited:

wood booger

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
the land of cheap beer
Get the second BB, it is the newest e*13 version. It threads together and has much more robust sealing on the bearings. Call up e*13 and get an eta on the new one.

The first link is for the old e*13 cups, which will work just fine, but the new ones are far superior.

Have fun, that bike rips!

ps- if you get the old cups just make sure you have all the spacers needed for 83mm bb shell. The cups are universal.

Last edited:

TechnikSLR

Chimp
Jun 15, 2012
Get the second BB, it is the newest e*13 version. It threads together and has much more robust sealing on the bearings. Call up e*13 and get an eta on the new one.

The first link is for the old e*13 cups, which will work just fine, but the new ones are far superior.

Have fun, that bike rips!

ps- if you get the old cups just make sure you have all the spacers needed for 83mm bb shell. The cups are universal.
got a pair of what i think are the new ones! and called the FLBS to order my pink cables but they said the pink is lame, so ergon green it is!

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Duct tape, 14 condoms, and a full coating of Valtrex should cover the spread.