Quantcast

Bought a Demo8 frame, selling my bighit frame to any local

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
werd! got a sweet deal on a demo 8 frame so i'm getting rid of my beloved '04 bighit frame.

i'm posting in this forum because i want to sell it locally to avoid the whole shipping deal and i'm sure the buyer would feel more comfortable seeing the frame in person.

anyhoo...it's an '04 bighit frame, medium, with the stock swinger 3-Way
I will be including:

stock headset
seatpost
Truvativ GigaPipe DH bottom bracket.
24" Single Track rear wheel laced to XT hub
(2) Maxxis High Roller 24x2.7 tires
32T Chainring
Bashguard

frame is in excellent condition with the usual frame rub and scratches from shuttle runs. structurally perfect and the stickers have been removed giving it some mojo with the chrome look :thumb:
asking $450.00

i can get more pics later.
for all of you triad guys...spread the word for me! most of you have seen this frame and know it's in good shape and can vouch for my integrity in this stuff.
i'm really not sure how much i want for it yet so i'm taking offers.

****Edit: 5% finders fee to any SOUTHEAST LOCAL who directly influenced the sale of my frame, ie: told the buyer about it ****

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
D8? Dang, somebody's moving up in the world. I suppose I should call you Mr. Barber from here on out. Don't forget all us little Big Hit people when you move to the big city.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
I'll go ahead and say that the frame is in great condition, and there isnt anyone in the area I'd rather do business with. Hell, I'll even thrown in a 24in kenda to sweeten the deal a little more for the big guy.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
JeffD said:
D8? Dang, somebody's moving up in the world. I suppose I should call you Mr. Barber from here on out. Don't forget all us little Big Hit people when you move to the big city.

you can find me at the VIP lounge at the races...don't worry, i'll make sure they let your flannel and pink pants wearing tale in to visit me. just don't forget to bring the grey poupon!

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
manimal said:
i will also be including either the 24" single track rim or possibly the entire wheel laced to a XT hub and i will definitely include 2 maxxis 24" tires, high roller i think. 24x2.7, it just depends on whether my current hub will fit the demo8.
Manimal,

The Demo 8 uses a standard 135mm hub so your XT will work fine. You will need a longer axle if you want to be able to bolt on the hub (http://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30&SKU=HU6104). The Demo 8 has the same offset rear end as the Big Hit so you *could* use the wheel if you really wanted to, though I am assuming you would rather have a 26".

XT hubs are fairly inexpensive though, so it may be help your frame sale by including the complete wheel (one less thing the future owner would need).

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Salami said:
Manimal,

The Demo 8 uses a standard 135mm hub so your XT will work fine. You will need a longer axle if you want to be able to bolt on the hub (http://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30&SKU=HU6104). The Demo 8 has the same offset rear end as the Big Hit so you *could* use the wheel if you really wanted to, though I am assuming you would rather have a 26".

XT hubs are fairly inexpensive though, so it may be help your frame sale by including the complete wheel (one less thing the future owner would need).

thanks for the info. i'm actually going to snag the wheel from my p2, have it redished to fit the demo and buy a cheaper/lighter rhyno lite for the p2 since it's mainly my police/urban/dj bike.

so the rear wheel will come complete with the big hit, plus i'll also be thowing in the stock 32T chainring, bashguard and front der/shifter combo.

so i suppose the only parts left out will be front wheel/fork/brakes/crankarms and chain/cogset/rear der. one could easily piece this bike together for under $1k.

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
brandon, tell mike to get you a rear hub for it, i got a extra one and built it up, the hub is actually very nice and the bolt on for it works perfect for the der guard. im going in tomorrow and prolly gonna get him to check on a front and another rear for someone .