Quantcast

Bought a USB Molly need to outfit it on a budget

Jul 21, 2009
Picked up a USB Molly and some wheels on a pretty good deal. The front hub is 3/8" axle.

I need to outfit the rest of the bike.

Thoughts on a cheap suspension fork that will get me by for a little while. I had a chance on a 2007 DJ for a little over a 100 bucks but missed it.

Quality crankset that will handle a 175 person. I don't need the lightest alloy known to man.

Brakes, headset, stem, handlebars, pedal recommendations welcome as well.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Picked up a USB Molly and some wheels on a pretty good deal. The front hub is 3/8" axle.

I need to outfit the rest of the bike.

Thoughts on a cheap suspension fork that will get me by for a little while. I had a chance on a 2007 DJ for a little over a 100 bucks but missed it.

Quality crankset that will handle a 175 person. I don't need the lightest alloy known to man.

Brakes, headset, stem, handlebars, pedal recommendations welcome as well.

I have a few different stem / handlebars I could sell you....

For example I have a pair of unbent, great paint condition Gusset Open Prison 3" rise bars. If you're a tall dude, I think you're definitely gonna want taller mtb bars on a Molly. Typically people run 2.75" to 3.25" rise bars on a Molly.

http://www.bti-usa.com/public/category/HB/HBBR/GU/GU6201?page=1#GU6201

For cranks, pedals, sprocket, and bottom bracket (BMX-"Spanish"), check out www.empirebmx.com

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2009
dj3 are crappy a dj2 is about as low as you wanna go on a suspension fork. pricepoint.com has them on sale for like $220 right now.
i'm seeing now my error in buying a front wheel set with 3/8 inch axles. seems to be limiting me on fork choices.

anything better than the DJ2 in 3/8 out there or should i sell the hub and get have the wheel rebuilt with a 20mm?

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
The X-Fusion Velvet R fork is for 3/8 axles..... they are light and apparently good enough for the Blackmarket team. They also come in 80mm short travel version, which you're gonna need for a Molly. Don't put a 100mm fork on there !