Quantcast

Bought me a new HAWG

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
2004 model for $40 at Price Point. It arrived yesterday. That was hell of a deal. My old one was starting to fall apart. I'm still not a big fan of the Omega reservoir, but I'll just use my old one with the small opening.

Yeah yeah, thrilling thread, I know. But at least it's bike-related! :D

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
damn, looks like you will be able to carry as much crap as splat does
Yeah, it holds a lot of stuff. Mainly, it's large enough to holds extra layers of clothes...both mine and MBC's. During the heat of summer, the HAWG stays pretty empty.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I'm still trying to kill my 6 year old MULE so I can get a new one...

The damn thing won't die :(

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
that is a great bargain on the Hawg - do you find that the wider pack sits on your back better?

Can it hold more water than a Mule can?
The MULE and HAWG each hold 100oz. Both sit on my back just fine, but the HAWG carries WAY more stuff.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Don't ride too close to the Canadian border with that thing. They might think your smugglin illegal immigrants or somethin.

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
Sweet deal! I've got the blowfish model, which also has 100 oz and lotsa space, but doesn't have the straps on the outside for carrying oversize stuff. I'll have to see if they've got any of those left...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Damn - can I have your old Hawg? ;) I could use more room for extra shiznit, like dry shirts and gloves because I sweat so damned much.
Well if you don't mind some slight tearing and three years' worth of Baboon stink, it's yours for a six pack of your choice. The tearing is only where the tube comes out of the top.

(I'd actually let you have it for free, but I might as well try to get free beer out of you if I can)

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
tonyhawk said:
Sweet deal! I've got the blowfish model, which also has 100 oz and lotsa space, but doesn't have the straps on the outside for carrying oversize stuff. I'll have to see if they've got any of those left...
Hey, those bastards jacked up the price. It's listed on their website for $60 now. It was $40 in the e-mail they sent out on Feb 23. $60 is still a good price.

edit for pic attachment

Attachments

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Well if you don't mind some slight tearing and three years' worth of Baboon stink, it's yours for a six pack of your choice. The tearing is only where the tube comes out of the top.

(I'd actually let you have it for free, but I might as well try to get free beer out of you if I can)
Deal! And I'll even let you name your beer of choice. :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was looking at new camelbacks last week and was quite disapointed in them. I have a 10 year old Blackburn(hydrapak) that is soo simple. Just enough bag to hold a big 100oz bladder and a simple but large cargo area to hold anything I need to carry short of a jacket. All these newer packs have too much padding, zippers side pockets etc. I'm going to keep rocking my old blackburn until it decomposes.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
binary visions said:
I'm still trying to kill my 6 year old MULE so I can get a new one...

The damn thing won't die :(
My decade old Mule fell all to $hit. It was the mesh and elastic. It disintergrated. I think mine was 1st generation. It was kind of crappy, but served.

I got a new generation Mule for Xmas. :thumb:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I Are Baboon said:
2004 model for $40 at Price Point. It arrived yesterday. That was hell of a deal. My old one was starting to fall apart. I'm still not a big fan of the Omega reservoir, but I'll just use my old one with the small opening.

Those things are huge... I had a cloud walker once and it was too big even when "deflated", that thing is eve bigger. Let hope you have better luck with yours... My cloudwalker got stolen, it had my keys, and tons of other stuff in it, my Nemesis 2 helmet was with it, also got stolen.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Westy said:
I was looking at new camelbacks last week and was quite disapointed in them. I have a 10 year old Blackburn(hydrapak) that is soo simple. Just enough bag to hold a big 100oz bladder and a simple but large cargo area to hold anything I need to carry short of a jacket. All these newer packs have too much padding, zippers side pockets etc. I'm going to keep rocking my old blackburn until it decomposes.
Yeah, most of those extra straps can be removed though. I have taken some off of mine.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I bought the CAMELBAK ROGUE for old pueblo........70 oz and only enough room for the very basics plus a pump spot - I was concerned that it didnt have a waist strap but worked just fine.

of course not sure if I can get all tghe damn desert mud cleaned off of it

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
I bought the CAMELBAK ROGUE for old pueblo........70 oz and only enough room for the very basics plus a pump spot - I was concerned that it didnt have a waist strap but worked just fine.
Word. I have a Rogue too. Used it at Dalton last year.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
SkaredShtles said:
My decade old Mule fell all to $hit. It was the mesh and elastic. It disintergrated. I think mine was 1st generation. It was kind of crappy, but served.

I got a new generation Mule for Xmas. :thumb:
Same one I've got. Obviously a man of discerning tastes. ;)
<-----VB, still trying to work out why he didn't get one years ago. :)

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
I Are Baboon said:

That's a very good deal/... those things will cost a lot more, when new.

I am using a Lobo.. it;s big enough for me.. before that i had a classic.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
SkaredShtles said:
Although it is nice when I'm riding with Morryjg - he just carries all *my* stuff that won't fit in my pack. :thumb:
Nice, I should get a boyfriend to carry my stuff too :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Westy said:
I'm with you there! I like the Hydrapak models...simple and they came with a much better bite valve IMO. I just wish I could get more of the old style bite valves!

I Are Baboon said:

I've got the same one, kicks @ss!!!