Quantcast

Boulder/Breck/Grand Junction/Fruita/Moab end of September?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
My younger brother is getting married in Boulder the end of September. I was thinking this would make a great time to get a bike road trip in. I've not done these parts of the world late in the season like that.

It'd go something like this:

Think I need to worry about weather at that point? I was thinking I could make a pretty good road trip out of the deal, could bring the XC, the DJ and the DH bikes.

Anything I need to worry about other than riding myself into the ground or running out of beer in Utah?

BUFFALO

Vigorous Giver of Reputation
Feb 11, 2005
Renton, wa
I don't think you need to worry about or change anything! That sounds awesome!
How long would the whole thing last?

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
The mountains will be starting to get a little cooler then, but the weather is generally very nice up there that time of year.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I think Buffalo and I are trying to get out that way for a wedding at the end of Sept--we'll let you know when we know more!

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
It will be on the colder side, but the higher stuff in CO should still be OK. Unless Ullr plans on answering my plea's this year.

SkaredShtles

I love NEWCASTLE and will ONLY drink NEWCASTLE!!!!
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
What skyst3alth said. Could be dicey up in the high country, but the odds are in your favor...

Oh - and the desert location should be *perfect* at that time... you gonna do The Whole Enchilada this time??