Quantcast

Boulder, CO race tonight

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
i've heard about that series! wish i could come out or wish we had one here, sounds like a LOT of fun. some of my buddies did it when they came out there to do the tour of the rockies races.

R

RideMonkey

I've thought about doing that but all I have now is a 35 pound urban pig. Whats the course like?

igjr

Chimp
Aug 23, 2001
CO
Those races aren't exactly *fun*, just an excersize in pain threshold management.

It's the same course as all the Boulder cross races are CU research park. Interesting place. Very small plot of land with tons of trails criss crossing. The course is different every week. 2-3 minute laps, some jumps and small hills. The mountain bike shorttrack doesn't use any pavement or barriers, though.

It'd be a pretty fun course, but it's harder to really enjoy when your HR is redlined for 35 minutes!

Travis Brown was on a rigid singlespeed. Either took 1st or 2nd with Jeremy HK.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by igjr
Those races aren't exactly *fun*, just an excersize in pain threshold management.

It's the same course as all the Boulder cross races are CU research park. Interesting place. Very small plot of land with tons of trails criss crossing. The course is different every week. 2-3 minute laps, some jumps and small hills. The mountain bike shorttrack doesn't use any pavement or barriers, though.

It'd be a pretty fun course, but it's harder to really enjoy when your HR is redlined for 35 minutes!

Travis Brown was on a rigid singlespeed. Either took 1st or 2nd with Jeremy HK.
i like racing like that. i personally think those races are fun......

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
i did a couple of these races last summer. great fun and some cute women show up, i wont mentiona any names.:D

Courses are pretty flat a few littl hills (under 10 ft but STEEP) some fun little jumps and berms.