Quantcast

~~'Bout time Friday got here~~

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, monkeys...and TGIF! What's everyone got on the slate for Easter weekend? Me and MMcG are riding tomorrow morning. HOORAY!! First ride for me since November. It's going to hurt. I'm still waiting to hear back from SPLAT. :wait: Sunday is Easter at my mom's.

Watched some of that NCAA action last night. Bummer that Belmont couldn't close the deal against Duke. They threw that game away.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
so where and when Is you and MMcG riding ? Case ? Have some other Mass monkies interested.

did you ask Quo ?
Case Mountain at 9:00. Line Street lot (the usual place). I sent teh QUO an e-mail this morning. This is going to be a slow, easy paced ride, so don't expect any blazing pace.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
As much as I'd like to join you guys at Case, I go on call tonight and have to stay someplace closer to either home or work. I'm probably going to end up at Vietnam tomorrow morning.

Other than a couple of hockey games, nothing big planned. Dinner with Mrs. DNA's family on Sunday, going to visit my family on Saturday.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo. Finished my work on the Gruitr yesterday, now just need to hit dirt...Fell asleep at 8:30 last nite whilst watching the 1940's version of the Batman series...snooze...Got up today at an ungodly hour of 5:00 am to hit the trainer in the basement, only blaring the HELLACOPTERS instead of Judas Priest, which might have been more appropriate on Good Friday, but I digress!

In racing/SPAM news, I just got a co-sponsor deal with NYC Freeride . They do all their CNC work out of their shop in Brooklyn - can't wait to check out their race lite pedals!

Today = whatever, just make it through the day!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
In racing/SPAM news, I just got a co-sponsor deal with NYC Freeride . They do all their CNC work out of their shop in Brooklyn - can't wait to check out their race lite pedals!
Keep me posted, I'm interested in those pedals as well. ;)

Morning people. Another boring evening. Dinner at the inlaw's, home to watch LOST (which was great as usual). No big weekend plans. Going to the gym tomorrow to lift while Piper is in gymnastics class. After that the day is wide open. No plans for Sunday either.

In positive news, I should have my new NEMA Podium race kit on my doorstep when I get home today!! :thumb:

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning, hello Friday!

Headed out tomorrow for my first ride on the recently completed section of the Black Canyon Trail system starting at the Black Canyon City trail head. Lots of good climbs, steep exposure, and other general sweetness. Not to mention post ride pie at the Rock Springs Cafe.

Spending Easter with some old friends which I am looking forward to. Hope you all have a Happy Easter as well.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I'm off work today for Good Friday suckas! And it's snowing, up to 10 inches so I think I may just get to go skiing. Before I do that though, I am going to get some sewing done.

It's been nice all week and I got my first commute of the season in yesterday so that was awesome, although I ride through "Miller Valley" and it kind of stinks.

This is my first paid holiday off ever so I feel like I really have to make it count.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Yo. Finished my work on the Gruitr yesterday, now just need to hit dirt...
I'd be up for some PB action sometime soon.

tomorrow is Sat. ride II, my freind is doing a 200K Brevet next w/e so she wants a 70 miler, I doubt my butt is ready for that much saddle time

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning.

Long frikken day yesterday. Got to go in to work for a couple of hours today and am heading up the mountain to get some trail time in. Got an am Trail ride planned for Saturday, and for Easter will hopefully be able to squeeze in some kind of trail ride before company arrives.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - I watched Les Canadiens beat the Bruins yet again last night! And I also watched the Belmont vs. Duke game off and on. Where the hell is Belmont? Damn I wish they would have beat the Dukies.

Looking forward to Case Mart tomorrow morning with Babs and splaticus and whoever else makes it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Maybe finish watching the first season of the Brotherhood, maybe read, maybe watch the first two episodes of John Adams, maybe push my nephew around the neighborhood........or go back to sleep.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Good morning. I'm gonna work one handed and have a real hoot of a day. Yay for me.
do your PT! :D

'morning, all. my brass quintet's playing a church gig this weekend, and i'm going to dinner with/at the combined girlfriend's family on saturday (been to many but this is the first since she sent out an announcement to them saying she's moving to LI with me next year)

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
do your PT! :D

'morning, all. my brass quintet's playing a church gig this weekend, and i'm going to dinner with/at the combined girlfriend's family on saturday (been to many but this is the first since she sent out an announcement to them saying she's moving to LI with me next year)
You've been a three day bender haven't you?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
heading off to northampton for tnight's Drive-by Truckers show.

the friends that we visited in dusseldorf last year arrived last night, so we will be hanging out w/ them for the next few days. should be fun.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
morning yo!

I believe I'm finally over the flu. The last two weeks have sucked. Cough.

Nothing on tap for the weekend. Trails are all unridable, roads are snowy and icy, stationary bike at the gym is teh suck. That all said, I'm hoping to squeeze in a road ride is conditions dry up by Sunday.

Happy Easter all you Catholics.
Have a great day everyone.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Tomorrow is the preseason century. It's supposed to warm up to 60 degrees! Woot woot. Unfortunately, when we start at 9am it will probably barely be 32. The last few mornings there have been a dusting of snow on the ground also.

Have a great weekend!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Tomorrow is the preseason century. It's supposed to warm up to 60 degrees! Woot woot. Unfortunately, when we start at 9am it will probably barely be 32. The last few mornings there have been a dusting of snow on the ground also.

Have a great weekend!
The high temp for my 60or so miler tomorrow is 38 :hmm:

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
Just trying to make it through the work day and get to the weekend.

No training today, tomorrow I'm going to swim and then, hopefully, trail ride. Sunday I'd like to get out on the road bike- maybe ride to the in-laws for Easter dinner.

Happy Easter Monkeys

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
hahaha - I'm just smart. I hav so many other options than to ride in the cold. That's what skate skiing is for!:banana::banana:
That's what we are doing today. We have a severe weather advisory so TN is getting off early so we get to head out early and stay late. I am stoked but my legs are dead from my ride yesterday when the temps actually topped out at 40º!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It was 50 and gusting winds yesterday. I chickened out on a road ride. I certainly could have ridden but I didn't feel like 'building character'.