Quantcast

Boxing Day movie

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Way too windy in Socal for fishing, so I 'm trying to figure out which movie to go to.

So far I've narrowed it down to:
No Country for Old Men (film adaptation of one of my favorite books, drugs, money, Texas, and psycho killers)
The Kite Runner (great book, looks like an awesome film, Afghanistan, rich son/poor son, kids make mistakes that haunt them later in life)
Atonement (film adaptation of one of my favorite books, rich daughter/poor son, kids make mistakes that haunt them later in life, war/love story)
Sweeney Todd (cannibalistic psycho killer barber played by Johnny Depp....a musical to boot)

Anyone seen any of these? I figure I can't really lose with any of them, but I might as well see what others have to say.

(Yes, I have trouble making decisions)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Where in So Cal are you. I am in corona right now and it's not too bad here. I haven't been outside since 9 am but at that time there was no wind.

Just curious.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Where in So Cal are you. I am in corona right now and it's not too bad here. I haven't been outside since 9 am but at that time there was no wind.

Just curious.
Santa Barbara. We've been suffering winds all week and it is blowing up ash from the summer's fires. Literally the sky looks like LA on a bad day. Combine that with 10-15 mph winds, it was a good day for a movie.

For anyone wondering, Sweeney Todd is a bloodfest and the music is awesome.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
No Country For Old Men: Good

Sweeney Todd: I fell asleep. Otherwise, beautifully filmed.