Quantcast

Boxxer 06 availability

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Hope they have got that maxle system sorted by then, Good in concept, but alot of guys with giant stp0's / pike with maxle are having issues, either the fork is too wide, the hubs are too small or the maxle can't provide enough force to clamp it properly.

Either way, alot of people have to run shims between the fork and hub, not cool at all.

shmity

Chimp
Oct 6, 2004
Ive only heard it on the stps, let me know of anyone else having the problem, but i call it a problem with tolerances being out on either the forks that giant got, or the hubs giant got.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Cave Dweller said:
Hope they have got that maxle system sorted by then, Good in concept, but alot of guys with giant stp0's / pike with maxle are having issues, either the fork is too wide, the hubs are too small or the maxle can't provide enough force to clamp it properly.

Either way, alot of people have to run shims between the fork and hub, not cool at all.
never heard of the problem youre referring to!

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
dante said:
same here, zero issues with IH bikes...
Iron horse????? I was talking about the giant STP0, with the pike fork on it.

It appears not all of the have the problem (like i said), but a large percentage do, and alot of them are being fixxed up by bikes shops before they are passed on to the buyer.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
sn0wboarder said:
price wise, will it be the same as the current boxxer world cup?
It better be now that it comes minus the silver stanchions and two titanium that should be a saving right there that at least should equal out any extra cost for the air spring setup.

Daver

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
Shiddeny
Yeah, they're nearly out. I had a spin on a pair thismorning and they're cool, but nothing to write home about- they're not *that* light, and compared to 40s... well they're pretty ordinary.