Quantcast

Boxxer crown?

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
I just got an 05' boxxer and I have a pretty good idea that the tall crown it came with is not going to work. It will jack the front end up to much. I plan on buying the flat crown when they are available from rock shox, but does anyone have a 04' boxxer flat crown they could loan me for a bit? Speed metal team maybe? I will return the favor. Beer perhaps! The 04' crowns will work fine on the new boxxers, so any one got one?
Thanks,
Kim

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Kim you still looking for a crown?

I am not sure but I think my old 1998 Boxxer (mothballed forever) has a flat crown. I will have to check when I get home.

Anyways if you haven't found one yet, you are welcome to borrow it if you think it will work.

Rhino/Kevin

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
holliswood said:
I just got an 05' boxxer and I have a pretty good idea that the tall crown it came with is not going to work. It will jack the front end up to much. I plan on buying the flat crown when they are available from rock shox, but does anyone have a 04' boxxer flat crown they could loan me for a bit? Speed metal team maybe? I will return the favor. Beer perhaps! The 04' crowns will work fine on the new boxxers, so any one got one?
Thanks,
Kim
Kim Ive got a flat crown... My tall one is too tall as well. The flat one is too short, If you can track me down a Romic crown I'll hook you up w/the flattie.
(the Romics are in beterrn both in height)

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
RhinofromWA said:
Kim you still looking for a crown?

I am not sure but I think my old 1998 Boxxer (mothballed forever) has a flat crown. I will have to check when I get home.

Anyways if you haven't found one yet, you are welcome to borrow it if you think it will work.

Rhino/Kevin
Thanks Kev, but I dont think that one will work because the 04-05 have a bigger stanction.
Thanks though!
Kim

Bacardi

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
Santa Barbara, CA
I have a Short Top crown that fits 32 mm stanchions. It isn't flat, but it is short. I don't have a boxxer or friends who have boxxers so I have been looking to trade this for a while...

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Hey kim are you sure about the diff. between 04-05 boxxers and older ones? I ran a 04 crown on my 03 boxxer all year.

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
NateH said:
Hey kim are you sure about the diff. between 04-05 boxxers and older ones? I ran a 04 crown on my 03 boxxer all year.
I thought the 04' boxxers had bigger stanctions than the 03's. But since I have had a dorado for the last 3 years, I could of been wrong about the boxxers. I think I am going to use the crown that came with my boxxer and see how it works. My head angle from last year was pretty steep with the dorado and I think the boxxer will make it way better.

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
I'm almost positive that the stanctions and stance of the boxxer have never changed, even on the 05's. Any boxxer crown should work yo.

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
bibs said:
:thumb:

its true bro, they are all the same...you can run any year ...but Ole' Hollis has to have it look good!
I figured he would have a new one on by now. With a clean new ride....soooo fressssssssh!

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
two1 said:
I figured he would have a new one on by now. With a clean new ride....soooo fressssssssh!
Fresh is right fool! I am still waiting on my bag of goodies from E-thirteen to get it ridable. Once my guide shows, it/s on mo' fo!
It doesn't look like I am going to be able to swing Seymour this weekend, but next for sure!

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
bibs said:
:thumb:

its true bro, they are all the same...you can run any year ...but Ole' Hollis has to have it look good!
Crap, you figured me out!
I don't want to ride, I just want to stand around on my new bike and spray about how good I look and how I am soooo' fast!
J/K :rolleyes:

But you know it's all about how good you look, not how good you are! That's my motto!