Quantcast

Boxxer spring rates

Supa8

Monkey
May 3, 2002
Middle of MA
Been on Boxxer WC's for a few years now and while I am upgrading my 2010 WC solo air side I am racing this weekend with a spare 35mm Boxxer spring side stanchion assembly. I run typically 49psi with a solo air setup.

I weigh 158ish in full gear and right now have the xtra soft silver Boxxer spring installed. Sag appears correct at just under 30% flat ground in gear. I also have a soft spring I can swap out but was curious what others around the same weight range are running for a spring.

As I will not be able to ride before racing this week end I thought I would at least poke the mob and get some opinions as I have read the Boxxer coil spring rates can be misleading.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I'm maybe 10# heavier than you and am running the medium spring in mine. The extra soft is going to be awfully light.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I am wondering the same thing.

The old 32mm chassis spring rates were definitely misleading, and I used the X-Soft on that fork. I am about the same weight as you.

Supa8

Monkey
May 3, 2002
Middle of MA
I swapped out for the soft spring and with one preload spacer I am now getting just around 20% sag. Will give it a go this for the weekend.

Supa8

Monkey
May 3, 2002
Middle of MA
Spring alone measured 16mm and I added the one 2mm spacer to get the depth to 14mm. I imagine like the past 32mm Boxxers you need at least one preload spacer anyways.