Quantcast

Boxxer WC 2006 Top crown

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
why is that all the ads about this fork lied. they all show it with the flat top crown. and everyone seems to get the drop crown stock. i REALLY can't use this on my frame,

SOMEONE please trade with me.

my brand new drop crown for the flat/stock one. please!!!

thanks
Steve

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
Thats bull****.... i have the same problem with my 05 boxxer and really want a flat crown.... drops are basically worthless and for like $120 outta bti thats a rip, their should be an option on such a classy fork

peachy

Monkey
Jan 17, 2005
vancouver,bc
if u could afford to buy an 06 WC, u can defintely afford a flat crown. ;D i bought mine.

dropnzone.com... allen can get 'em for you.

i do understand your frustrations though. u would think that a drop crown would also be more complicated to produce than the flat. I dnt know why they keep shipping them w/ the drop.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
dropmachine.com said:
Mine came with a flat crown. :)
ditto. i just specified flat when i ordered it. i'm assuming they're available from the factory with either, its just that most shops specify the drop to fit a larger range of headtubes.

J

J5ive

Also very annoyed here. I ended up using the drop crown, but I think a flat would have gone better. Its a freakin scam.

jungle

Monkey
Jan 11, 2006
they all do it, Marzocchi did the same thing with my shivers dc's
they all came stock with flat crowns if you wanted a drop crown
another couple of hundred bucks

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
buy an old school boxxer with a flat crown, youll save weight and i dont think youll loose much rigidity with the flat crown, then sell it with the new crown.

btw i saw some crowns on ebay the other day

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
peachy said:
if u could afford to buy an 06 WC, u can defintely afford a flat crown.
not if i spent all my money on the fork, dumbass

the place i bought it from said it came with both crowns. surprise surprise they haven't answered my calls..

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
DHS said:

the place i bought it from said it came with both crowns. surprise surprise they haven't answered my calls..
Call Rockshox and be nice. Tell them that the shop gave you miss information and is not responding.

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
Bicyclist said:
Why not just move your fork up in the crown so it's the same as a flat crown?
Lower stack height... drop crowns dont have much clearance and need to be run high

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
TF tuned did me a swap a while bike. Do you guys in the states have a R.S. tuner that will have spares like that?

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
wow, the place i order it from is getting me the right one. and it sounds like they'll just send it to me, no charge. either way, they're getting me it.
score.

best of luck to the rest of you.

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
so will last years standard crown fit?
but i want to use my Evil Ali stem

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
QBP has 2 WCs. One is OEM that is not in a box that is like $100 cheaper and one that is in the box. I guess the OEM is what you got and i will be getting. Sh!t.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
DHS said:
so will last years standard crown fit?
but i want to use my Evil Ali stem
Yes, even a 2002 crown would work. However, the 2005 and 2006 crowns have a much better design that minimize contact between the crown and the top tube. Plus, you can use the direct mount stem.

peachy

Monkey
Jan 17, 2005
vancouver,bc
DHS said:

hey did u not see my ;) on my original post. means i'm kidding w/ you. no need to be pissy about it. if u spent all your money on your fork then who do u think is the dumbass?

:redhot:

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
ok, bti and qbp are out of the short crown. anyone know of anyplace i can get one. i've got less then a month.. before i REALLY need it

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
sikocycles said:
QBP has 2 WCs. One is OEM that is not in a box that is like $100 cheaper and one that is in the box. I guess the OEM is what you got and i will be getting. Sh!t.
hey if you find a crown for yours, get me one too. i'll do the same for you.
bmw whore.

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
Stumbled across this looking for info on the short crown. It seems it is still impossible to get the damn things. Anyone have one they want to sell of know where I can get one? Thanks.