Quantcast

Boy am I glad I live in TEXAS hehehehe

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
it happened in memphis a couple of days ago. the guy shot and killed a kid trying to steal his car. he says it was in self defense and that the kid tried to run over him so he isnt being charged. i doubt that your texas archery buff will be so fortunate. at least i hope he wont.

ps. texas sucks:p

Triphop

Chimp
Sep 10, 2002
No, he should get off. First off, someone tried stealing his car, he has the right to defend his property, granted that is my opinion, probably wouldn't hold up in court...however, the would be thief said he had a gun and threatened to shoot the car owner if he attempted to stop him...so he had the legal right to defend himself.

Cops do that sort of thing all the time and get off...cops get off scot free when the person they kill doesn't even have a weapon nor threatened them.

That would be thief got exactly what he had coming to him...hopefully the hunter doesn't get prosecuted...and then the media plays this all over so future would be thiefs get the message that people are not gonna stand for this shyt anymore, you try to steal from me, i am gonna stop you any way I see fit. If there is no one of law enforcement to protect you, then you must protect yourself...and yourself also includes your property...they are one in the same.

I just think it hilarious that the thief threatened him with a gun, so he shot his a$$ with an arrow!!! :D

TimothyL

Chimp
Jun 23, 2002
Houston,Texas
Its Texas, man. We have extremely liberal laws when it comes to self-defense. I had a kick in home invasion 2 years ago and this gang shot at me with a shot-gun as I was trying to escape out my back door.On the way out I grabbed my .357 magnum, my 2 dogs and roomate and when we got to the back of my lot I loaded my gun and proceeded to chase the guys in a car down the street firing.Unfournately the only thing I did was blow out their back window.When the cops came they practically gave me a medal of honour, they didn't even ask if my gun was registered.I was freaked out but I have no problem defending my home and i am not some gun advocate or major hunter but its the last time anybody has tried to f*** with my house.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Broad-heads are nasty, they are designed to cause the "target" to bleed to death. An arrow can be every bit as leathal as a bullit.

It's just too bad they guy had to kill somebody, but if he felt that the guy was going to bust a cap he had to defend himself.

If I had to defend myself my only leathal weapon is a my Sierra Archey compound bow, and some nice Easton shafted arrows.

Easton, is my favorite aluminum company, my bike, my arrows, and my softball bat are all made from Easton tubes...

trialsmasta

Monkey
Oct 19, 2001
Austin TX
Honestly I think that whole, "officer he said he had a gun" speal is a crock of ****. I think he made that up. The dude got shot in the ass. He was probably sticking his head in the car and whamooo. But hey I'm still glad he got shot, can't really complain about him dying either, thats about 60K a year less my taxes get wasted on locking that fool up. I know very sensitive of me. Now all we need to do is nap that sniper in DC and let the public at him for some back steet justice.