Quantcast

Boy am I going to be late today...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
So I get my first taste of true BC driving incompetence today. We have a cataclysmic 5cm (2") of accumulation on the roads.

I expect to spend about 3 hrs in my car today.

Sh!t.

That is all.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
People cannot drive in BC.

We were there in the summer for holidays, Parksville. Everyday, on the beeeeeutiful freshly paved highway, in the summer, without rain, between Parksville and Naniamo, there were crashes. Never made any sense to me seeing as no one came within 15KPH of the speed limit. How can there be soooo many, low speed, single vehicle collisions???? I'm thinking, there was probably 5 a day minimum.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i thought in canada people actually knew how to deal with snow?

i think this backs up my thought that new england fosters some of the best drivers(many dumbasses are still present though) because we have to deal with pretty much everything; snow, rain, heavy traffic, etc.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
So I get my first taste of true BC driving incompetence today. We have a cataclysmic 5cm (2") of accumulation on the roads.

I expect to spend about 3 hrs in my car today.

Sh!t.

That is all.
so cool to see a fresh dump this morning! might have to hit the mountain this aft. what's your commute? heaps of unprepared / clueless snow drivers here (snow is relatively rare in van) - i'm working from home today.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
i thought in canada people actually knew how to deal with snow?

i think this backs up my thought that new england fosters some of the best drivers(many dumbasses are still present though) because we have to deal with pretty much everything; snow, rain, heavy traffic, etc.
Well, the embarrassement I feel when looking at the poor driving around here almost makes me want to disown BC from Canada. At least Quebec drivers have the balls to deal with a few flakes.

It took me about an hour to get in. Only 15 minutes longer than usual. I guess the broadcasting of the weather catastrophe kept people hiding indoors.

The ride home is going to take a while. I'm not out of the anger- woods yet.