Quantcast

boycott KISS, Simmons is a complete d!ck!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
So basically, you're whining because some professional artist doesn't want you downloading all the music they make for FREE? You mean, like actually pay for something that some else has produced?

Please explain why this working professional who thinks you should pay for the product they put out there is a dick?

Do you tell everyone that the manager of your local grocery store is a dick because you can't get free food?

:ban:

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
KISS has been about the money from day 1.

If you want to listen to shock/rock/metal listen to someone with a sense of humor like GWAR hehe...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I love this comment (and a cliche one at that).

Music is his profession. I bet 99.95% of people in the professional workforce are "about the money." Sure, some may be lucky enough to love what they do, but I'm sure they wouldn't be so inclined to do it for free.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
KISS, a band with two decent songs who are more famous for wearing makeup than any actual music they produced. Big effing deal. My boycott began years ago.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
So basically, you're whining because some professional artist doesn't want you downloading all the music they make for FREE? You mean, like actually pay for something that some else has produced?

Please explain why this working professional who thinks you should pay for the product they put out there is a dick?

Do you tell everyone that the manager of your local grocery store is a dick because you can't get free food?

:ban:
But like music should like be totally free, man.:nopity:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I was pissed at Metallica for the same reason...and then a musician friend straightened me out. Just buy the damn album if you want it. Stop being a whiner...

Narlus, where are you whne we need you?

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
I love this comment (and a cliche one at that).

Music is his profession. I bet 99.95% of people in the professional workforce are "about the money." Sure, some may be lucky enough to love what they do, but I'm sure they wouldn't be so inclined to do it for free.
What about the countless bands that are satisfied being able to make enough money to tour and play music instead of push paper or dig ditches?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was pissed at Metallica for the same reason...and then a musician friend straightened me out. Just buy the damn album if you want it. Stop being a whiner...

Narlus, where are you whne we need you?
I was pissed at Metallica for making **** music.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I sit behind this desk week in and week out for the love......no.....wait....I do it for the paycheck :monkey:

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
I don't waste my money on any of those bubble-gum, big corporate, sell-out, pseudo rock bands- at least not any more.

And yeah, I already helped make them rich, so I should get a few free tunes now since they make more money than God. The first album I ever wasted my poor white trash money on was Love GUn (by KISS) when I was in first grade.

Those bands are so powerful that RM locked my thread when all I was seeking was info on GnR tracks.

strangeland2

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
masshole
And Simmons has always been a dick..

The only two things really shocking about this whole thread is 1. The OP thinking a band should be boycotted for expecting someone to pay for their product and 2. The OP didnt already know Simmons was a dick.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Simmons is a dick. I don't care if record companies go out of business, but stealing music is stealing.

Would it be any different if I scanned in a new novel and put it on the web?

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
I am only 22, but I still know who kiss is. There were the 'rocker' guys I went to high school with that though they were the be all end all of music. I never understood why they liked them so much, I thought they sucked.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Gents, the issue is not Gene Simmons and his "band" and his pimping his entire family out to make a buck or 3 million. The issue is more about illegal file sharing and downloads and the theiving of peoples lifes work. It isnt about the music guys...its about the $$$...

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
This thread should be "rip off Gene Simmons". I'd be all for it, but I hate his music/art/files whatever.

File sharing has already been debated here. Many schools of thought:

1. Stealing is wrong, file sharing is stealing, therefore it's wrong.

2. Information can be shared, file sharing is information sharing.

3. Some artists are for file sharing b/c it get's artists more exposure and record companies don't get the money.

4. Artists want to be paid like lawyers and doctors, but don't want to go to law nor med school.

5. Gene simons and guys like him in many music corporations take all they can and never give back. They can afford it when some poor kid or working joe gets a free song.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
This thread should be "rip off Gene Simmons". I'd be all for it, but I hate his music/art/files whatever.

File sharing has already been debated here. Many schools of thought:

1. Stealing is wrong, file sharing is stealing, therefore it's wrong.

2. Information can be shared, file sharing is information sharing.

3. Some artists are for file sharing b/c it get's artists more exposure and record companies don't get the money.

4. Artists want to be paid like lawyers and doctors, but don't want to go to law nor med school.

5. Gene simons and guys like him in many music corporations take all they can and never give back. They can afford it when some poor kid or working joe gets a free song.
I always make sure to classify any artist whose music I am about to steal in category 3 or 5, that way I don't have to feel bad.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
next y'all asshats will think it's ok to steal wifi from your neighbors and 'letrix to charge your cell phone from your work place..

:disgust1:

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
dude, i like own the company and the wifi.. so it aint stealing.. it's a tax write off..

dork0r
SInce it's a write off by you getting to use American tax dollars then americans should be able to use your wifi!:)

I let all my neighbors mooch mine, what the hell- I'm paying for it- so others that live near me might as well benefit. Yeah, against my providers' policy- I'm a real rebel that way!